MAC performance advise /review

Adam Vinnicombe

Reaction score
Hi all, first of I’m hopping I’m posting this in the correct place.
I’m in the UK and last week I order a pair of MAC performance long tube headers directly from them in the states. Now they have sent me an invoice but they haven’t taking any money from me and they are not answering any of my emails, so does anyone know if this company is a good one ?
Has anyone on here ever brought from them and had any issues with them?
Does anyone know that the fact they haven’t taking any money from me yet means they don’t have the item in stock and is on back order?
Many thanks
Adam

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
That’s common, and they’re probably already closed for the day. Give it another day. If the item is back ordered you will be notified. Keep in mind the supply chain for most everything has been severely strained due to the global pandemic. MAC is a great company and I’ve never had any issues with their products. Now, I’ve never dealt with them directly, having bought their products through vendors. If there are further issues might I suggest a few vendors?

OP
OP
Adam Vinnicombe

Adam Vinnicombe

Reaction score
Only three days ago on the 2nd of June. They sent the invoice straight away but haven’t taken any money nor have I heard anything from them saying it’s in the post or on back order. May be in the states they do things slightly different?
Here in the U.K. the second you place your order they send you an invoice/receipt and take your money from your account within minutes no matter if the item is on back order or not

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
oh you made it sound like it had been a week or more. I have had it withdrawn both ways depending on if they had it in stock or not. Some place like cj's just say they have it in stock, withdraw your money and then you get to wait on back order others if they do not have it they wait to withdraw the funds. I generally find the manf is not as fast or good to answer questions as most of the suppliers that sell their stuff. I would say to give it a few more days and see what happens.

OP
OP
Adam Vinnicombe

Adam Vinnicombe

Reaction score
oh you made it sound like it had been a week or more. I have had it withdrawn both ways depending on if they had it in stock or not. Some place like cj's just say they have it in stock, withdraw your money and then you get to wait on back order others if they do not have it they wait to withdraw the funds. I generally find the manf is not as fast or good to answer questions as most of the suppliers that sell their stuff. I would say to give it a few more days and see what happens.
I will give them a week and see what happens mate

OP
OP
Adam Vinnicombe

Adam Vinnicombe

Reaction score
CJ Pony Parts is my go-to for MAC products. It appears MAC headers are on a nationwide backorder.

View attachment 4805

poo that’s not good news. I was planning on putting the headers on before I fitted the engine. Is it possible to fitted and remove long tube headers when the engine is in the car?

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
poo that’s not good news. I was planning on putting the headers on before I fitted the engine. Is it possible to fitted and remove long tube headers when the engine is in the car?

It’s possible but you’re in for a battle. Best method is to support the engine with hoist (or engine bar) and remove the crossmember. Next best method is to disconnect the engine mounts from the crossmember and raise the engine with a jack or a hoist.

OP
OP
Adam Vinnicombe

Adam Vinnicombe

Reaction score
In that case I will leave the engine on the stand and wait for the headers to turn up. Was really hoping to getting a drive in the old girl this summer but looks like I’m going to have to wait till next year at this rate

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
ok folks so I am curious what you would say or do. I have been helping adam get his parts over the pond and he asked me to call check since they were not responding to emails and it was hard for him to call. So I called the number given to him on his invoice to use to check orders and it was no longer in service. I looked on their website and called their 800 number and it went straight to voice mail. There was another local number that I decided to try and it also came back as no longer in service. I can't say that finding 2/3 numbers they gave or had listed being bad now gave a good feeling. How long would you wait, what would you do?

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I’d be digging deep quick!!! Hopefully there’s not a crazy amount of money involved cause it sounds like they vanished.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I am not saying that now. With everything going on they might be a little slower than normal and if they did cut/run it probably too late now anyway. Realistically I am sure his CC would cover it if they didn't deliver but I was just wondering how long you would wait? 2 weeks I think would be my limit with no response

OP
OP
Adam Vinnicombe

Adam Vinnicombe

Reaction score
Thanks ttocs for your help. They still haven’t responded to any emails and it’s now been a week. Does anyone else know where I could get a set of Mac long tube headers?
If not I’m going to have to go with a different brand of LT headers and spend even more money on a different mid section

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Taking a look at their FB pages, they made it a habit to make a post at least in 30 day intervals up to Feb 9 this year. Right as everything was getting shut down. Perhaps theve been mandatory closed untill all the corona crap moves on. They are in California

OP
OP
Adam Vinnicombe

Adam Vinnicombe

Reaction score
How bad is it over their in the states?
The U.K. is just starting to come out of lockdown at last but we have lost 40,000 people to it ☹️

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vallybell

Members online