Madd Motorsports Time Attack and Autocross Build

OP
OP
B

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Next step for this car is finished getting all the parts needed to do a coilover conversion, get my wheels, an oem cobra front bumper, maybe clay bar the entire car, and other stuff. STAY TUNE FOLKS!

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
The hood looks awesome by the pictures. Im sure you know the flaws, but from my eyes, it looks great! You inspired me to try something new! Believe im gonna have to try my hand at it!

Driven by a tiny bore and more stroke than a 514cuin

OP
OP
B

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
The hood looks awesome by the pictures. Im sure you know the flaws, but from my eyes, it looks great! You inspired me to try something new! Believe im gonna have to try my hand at it!

Driven by a tiny bore and more stroke than a 514cuin

Its a fun frustrating experience. As long as you clean the surface and make sure its even you will be ok. That heat gun is amazing with the vinyl. So i definitely recommend that or at the very least a blow dryer. You can pick a gun from harbor freight for like 15 bucks. You also need some kind of squeegee to go over the vinyl.

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
Its a fun frustrating experience. As long as you clean the surface and make sure its even you will be ok. That heat gun is amazing with the vinyl. So i definitely recommend that or at the very least a blow dryer. You can pick a gun from harbor freight for like 15 bucks. You also need some kind of squeegee to go over the vinyl.

I used a blue squeegee then wrapped the loop half of velcro around one end so the squeegee would glide over the vinyl easier. And it also helps prevent the squeegee from digging into the vinyl as you heat and stretch it.

OP
OP
B

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
I used a blue squeegee then wrapped the loop half of velcro around one end so the squeegee would glide over the vinyl easier. And it also helps prevent the squeegee from digging into the vinyl as you heat and stretch it.

I ended up using a wet rag. I also didnt use a vinyl wrap squeegee, i used a putter type thing

OP
OP
B

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
For those of you who are thinking of getting a repro radiator from oreilly, just know that they suck. This is the third radiator ive gotten. Lets see how long this one last. Only good thing about this cheap radiator is its lifetime warranty no questions asked.

OP
OP
B

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Just picked up the FTR Tubular Front bumper/bash bar, courtesy of Ferocious. Went down to SD, CA and made a day of it.

6pyz2b.jpg

OP
OP
B

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
I want to do a full LED swap. Any brands you guys recommend?

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I want to do a full LED swap. Any brands you guys recommend?

In the interior or exterior?

For all the smaller LEDs, believe it or not everything I've gotten from china off Ebay for $5 has worked perfectly for about 3 years.

OP
OP
B

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
In the interior or exterior?

For all the smaller LEDs, believe it or not everything I've gotten from china off Ebay for $5 has worked perfectly for about 3 years.

both. I want to do a full LED exterior and interior swap. china you say? I gotta check out whats cheaper/better rating because someone mentioned superbrightleds.com

Do you happen to know the lm's and which size to use?

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Superbrightled's is the most rip off site ever lol. Shit's expensive. T10/194/168 is what you need for the interior gauge cluster. 4-SMD is my personal favorite for the cluster. Not too bright, not too dim. No clue what the dome light reference is since I don't have one and the rear view mirror uses festoon base bulbs.

Here's 10 for $1 and free shipping: http://www.ebay.com/itm/10x-T10-352...ash=item4aed55bdcb:g:1AMAAOSwyQtVgRRk&vxp=mtr

My turn signals I picked up at pepboys and later I replaced with LEDs from ebay as well. Same goes for my reverse lights and brake lights.

OP
OP
B

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Superbrightled's is the most rip off site ever lol. Shit's expensive. T10/194/168 is what you need for the interior gauge cluster. 4-SMD is my personal favorite for the cluster. Not too bright, not too dim. No clue what the dome light reference is since I don't have one and the rear view mirror uses festoon base bulbs.

Here's 10 for $1 and free shipping: http://www.ebay.com/itm/10x-T10-352...ash=item4aed55bdcb:g:1AMAAOSwyQtVgRRk&vxp=mtr

My turn signals I picked up at pepboys and later I replaced with LEDs from ebay as well. Same goes for my reverse lights and brake lights.

I also wanted to do the foglights and headlights LED. I might just go the ebay/amazon route.

1998cobrasvt

Reaction score
I posted about this in mcglsr2 's LED thread 2 days ago. He was recommending superbrightleds. I wasnt sure how the tails would look, some were saying the exteriors were too bright and made it look "off." But thanks Ferocious Cant lose at those prices . Can always just switch back if it looks off. Will be checking eBay.

OP
OP
B

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Big stuff happening in the next 2 months! I will give you a hint, new cooling components, major suspension work, and my very common (according to an unnamed person) wheel set up that i am going to run. and who knows, maybe some lighting, and exterior changes.

OP
OP
B

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
just replaced the canister purge hose without removing the intake. YES!

OP
OP
B

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
I realized that i have a lot of pictures i did not post up. So here are some.

OP
OP
B

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Here is the damage i caused by backing up into a outside facet.

168yj5j.jpg

ruwwwl.jpg

OP
OP
B

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Here are just some parts and random install of one.

28jw27l.jpg

34zkdxf.jpg

w03yud.jpg

14buzc8.jpg

6ojujm.jpg

1zox3lt.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RevJon

Members online