Manual door parts/trim

JKady

Reaction score
So I picked up a set of manual window/lock doors this morning for peanuts. For the most part complete and in good shape but I am missing a couple things. I need one blank mirror bolt cover and the passenger side manual door handle/insert bit (where the power window/lock switch normally is). Does anyone sell these parts aftermarket or are they still available through Ford? I've found the mirror bolt cover for Foxes and New Edge cars but nothing for 94-98

I've got enough stuff laying around that I can fill the holes in a door panel insert myself but making the tweeter/mirror blank is a little beyond my plastic fabrication skill level.

OP
OP
J

JKady

Reaction score
Where the tweeter normally is, 248a cars have just a flat piece of plastic with no speaker, my new doors are missing the driver's side. It covers where the mirror studs come through the door shell.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
O any car without the 460 has the blanks, they can be had at any junk yard. The 248 parts are a bit harder to find

OP
OP
J

JKady

Reaction score
O any car without the 460 has the blanks, they can be had at any junk yard. The 248 parts are a bit harder to find
Really? I thought the base stereo had a tweeter up there like the new-edge cars for some reason, well that settles that.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
there was a base model radio in the edges that had tweeters just like there was a base model in the 94-95 that had an amp in the dash, not that it added much.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
My 99 and 2000 had that worthless amp in the dash, but no tweeters. Ford, why did you have so many weird sound options?!

Kboss87

Reaction score
I think I have one of those plates without a tweeter in my garage. If I can find it, I'll send you it. I'll check this weekend.

OP
OP
J

JKady

Reaction score
I think I have one of those plates without a tweeter in my garage. If I can find it, I'll send you it. I'll check this weekend.
If it's a driver's side it'd be much appreciated, don't have a lot of time to skim the junkyards.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online