mcglsr's 2012 Audi A4 Quattro

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
I love the new technology but FWD based awd systems are less fun than the traditional rwd setup hahaaa

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I love the new technology but FWD based awd systems are less fun than the traditional rwd setup hahaaa

Except the RS has drift mode which applies like 80% of the power to the rears so you can get sloppy sideways for fun!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
Except the RS has drift mode which applies like 80% of the power to the rears so you can get sloppy sideways for fun!!!!

I agree. There are few exceptions to the rule like the RS models. i want one for daily but I heard that the ride is way to stiff.

OP
OP
mcglsr2

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I haven't actually ridden in one. They look sweet though. It's also funny to me how they seem to have escaped the "but it's still just a..." stigma that plagued the Neon SRT-4's back in the day. Haters used to say "but it's still just a Neon" - no one seems to say "but it's still just a Focus" about the ST or RS. Or maybe I just haven't heard it as much. Or maybe people hated the Neon. Dunno. Just seems funny.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
"What's wrong with my Neon?" "Dude, even the people who built that car hated it." lol

OP
OP
mcglsr2

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Lulz. So maybe that's the difference - people don't/didn't mind he Focus (and thus the performance derivatives don't incur the ire) whereas no one liked the Neon, so putting a really good engine in it really didn't matter - the "lipstick on a pig" as they say.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I wish they'd of just continued the Daytona Shelby z's. I had one and loved that car. One of my favorite turbo cars that I've owned. Handled great for being fwd and made tons of power.

I never had many issues with it aside from blowing a head gasket when my boost control came loose and I spiked up around 28lbs quickly!!!! Lol

OP
OP
mcglsr2

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I wish they'd of just continued the Daytona Shelby z's. I had one and loved that car. One of my favorite turbo cars that I've owned. Handled great for being fwd and made tons of power.

I never had many issues with it aside from blowing a head gasket when my boost control came loose and I spiked up around 28lbs quickly!!!! Lol

Yah, great little cars :) I still have the 87 CSX. And yes, I too have had a head gasket go south more then once :) My only gripe with the car is it looks dated. At least the Daytona you are talking about would still look good today.

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
The Ford Focus RS has a legacy and the neon didn't. It was a cool car of its day because it was meant to rival the imports.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Yah, great little cars :) I still have the 87 CSX. And yes, I too have had a head gasket go south more then once :) My only gripe with the car is it looks dated. At least the Daytona you are talking about would still look good today.

The 87 or 88 up looked incredible. My only gripe was being fwd. those cars would of had the looks and been that much more awesome as a rwd.

OP
OP
mcglsr2

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
The 87 or 88 up looked incredible. My only gripe was being fwd. those cars would of had the looks and been that much more awesome as a rwd.

Yah, RWD would have been nice. I think on one of the forums for those cars, some dude might actually have been converting one for RWD racing. Not sure if he ever finished - or if I making that up. I feel like that was a thing though. Even FWD, though, they were quick little cars. Torque steer was certainly a problem...

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
There is a few issues that have been converted. You can find pics and videos. If I remember correctly you could rob parts from the conquest tsi to convert it. The conquest was essentially the same car with the same motors only they were rwd

OP
OP
mcglsr2

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Ah, I thought it had been done. And I wanted a Conquest back in the day. Lol I'd still rock one today, they were good looking cars.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online