mil elim. question

danielson631

Reaction score
96 cobra catless bbk Hpipe. my inspection is up in two days. i went to some guy that was going to do me a favor, but he couldnt even get it done. he said its only aloud to pass with 2 errors but i have 4.

my question is will getting the plug in mil eliminators help me pass inspection? it will turn off the CEL , but will it turn off the errors that it was previously putting out?

when i was looking at it, there was two codes. but both of them said p1445.

the guy was telling me it was o2 sensor and secondary air system. he said something abut the o2 not heating up also.

well i dont understand much about this as you can tell im a little confused and need any advice i can get thanks guys.

Cruizin GT

Reaction score
Do you still have your stock catted pipe? You may have to put it back on just for inspection. MIL eliminators are hit or miss, they work for some poeple but not others. What you would need to do if you dont have the stock pipe anymore is find a good tuner that knows how to turn off the rear o2`s, and fool the computer into thinking everything is ok, just turning them off won`t fool the computer.

OP
OP
D

danielson631

Reaction score
no i dont have the stock pipe i wish i did tthough. so MIL elims are not very likely to work with every car? i think its worth a try though, considering they are only like 50bucks, oppose to the price of a tuner, or oppose to installing cats.

Cruizin GT

Reaction score
It is cheap enough to try I agree, I`m just sayin from all that I`ve read it works for some.

ARdoller

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
spark plug non-foulers work too, and theyre less than $10 for all of them.

Mean98GT

Reaction score
you can pass with 2 codes? Lucky. I can pass with ZERO.
Anyway, I dont know how it works in new york but in stl there is a computer test as well as a visual test, so unless you know the guy whos doing the inspection it may fail even with MIL's.
Also you can make Mil's for less than 10$. Search it on google.

OP
OP
D

danielson631

Reaction score
Mean98GT said:
you can pass with 2 codes? Lucky. I can pass with ZERO.
Anyway, I dont know how it works in new york but in stl there is a computer test as well as a visual test, so unless you know the guy whos doing the inspection it may fail even with MIL's.
Also you can make Mil's for less than 10$. Search it on google.

yeah supposivly i can pass with two codes, thats what the guy at the shop said at least. he was aware of my setup and was trying to do me a favor.

im going to get the mil elims and go back to see him.

yeah, i saw a few write ups on how to make them but i think plug and play sounds a lot easier haha. plus im not all that great with wires and splicing things so ill stick to P.A.P.

thanks guys for the input guys. always appreciated

Mean98GT

Reaction score
lol whatever works for you. if your not good with the wires thats probably a good idea. wouldnt want to ruin extenders and the sensor. thatd be pricey. good luck

OP
OP
D

danielson631

Reaction score
so they finally came in the mail, and i put them on, and still the check engine light is on. i had the battery disconnected and when i started the car the CEL was off, and i turned the car back on and off a few times and the light turned bacck on and stays on.

these were on there, im going to assume they are some sort of mil elimiators also..

IMG_0525.jpg

do i have to get a code reader and clear everything for these to work properly or am i sh*t out of luck?

greenscobie86

Reaction score
Sounds to me like the sensors on your car are faulty. An MIL eliminator needs to have a "working" sensor in order to clear the code...

I would get the codes read and go from there. If it is a sensor on one bank, try swapping them and see if the code travels.

OP
OP
D

danielson631

Reaction score
ok i will change them bc im not even sure how long they have been on the car. hopefully that will work

now this may be a silly question but how many o2 sensors do i have? just two right?

OP
OP
D

danielson631

Reaction score
so after a lot of headaches and a new engine, after the old one killed itself, i got the car to pass inspection. the o2 sensors were no good like greenscobie said.

anyways, i bought new MIL elims, and i didnt even know there was a pair on the car already.

so now i have the new ones on the car, and i still have the old set. is there anyway to check and see if they work without having to put them on the car? i would like to sell them so they arent laying around but i want to make sure they work first without having to get under the car

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JAR_19

Members online