mmm -- tell me 'bout yo'.....

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
power adders...

what do you guys have? what do you like about it? what do you hate about it?

Me?

I'm rockin' a ported M112.... I love the sound, the down-low boost, and the overall appearance
I hate the bracket on the side, the boost-drop off, and of course the small size ;)

969953_959770909693_354414857_n.jpg

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Currently just a 125 shot nos but I'm in the middle of a vortech install as well so I'll have to get back to you on that .
In a couple weeks I'll post new pics with blower and new nitrous setup pics

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
"power adders" I'd like to mention

m112 supercharger - love it. Pretty effective. Negative is size, but thats also a positive cause it looks intimating. Also cooling it is a negative.
love superchargers and force induction in general

Meth - love it. lasts a long time and is effective. No negatives... so far.

373s - love it. really nice driving ratios. best bang for your buck is gears. Only negative is still havent figured out how to launch in first effectively.

Mac catback - not sure how it compares performance wise, but best sounding setup on v6s hands down

I dont know what else is worth mentioning.

FuLd8oQl.jpg

ADD:
I suppose i could mention engine swap, alot of this could go for most engine swaps;

Positive: 4.2 swap is worth it. Is a pretty good upgrade and works well. Split port and the larger displacement are very nice. Like all engine swaps, you swap because it'll be worth doing the work upgrading over the previous engine.

Negatives: at first you will likely have a few bugs. Its a pain to work through them, but eventually you'll get through it.

Another thing that is annoying is trying to figure out which parts you need while building or repairing. With a setup like mine where there are multiple vehicles involved you really need to know what part is for which. You can't go down to the part store and explain which part you need, theyll have no idea. You have to be like "I need spark plug wires for a 2000 mustang" even though its for a 1994 mustang.

1bad9d5

Reaction score
70mm turbo with my 5.0 + 3.73s

I love the sound of her spooling, I love the sound of when I shift gears and the BOV goes off.. nothing I don't love about the turbo 5.0

hate that I have an exhaust leak currently and since its below 0.. it hasn't even been on in 3 weeks and hasn't left my garage in 2 months :( lol

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
I have a 2.2L Kenneth Bell. I like how you never see them on 5.0s so mine looks unqiue (some would say ugly lol) and love the miles of usable torque you get on the street. I don't like how hot it makes the air (220 degree IAT @ 9psi) and it makes low HP numbers compared to other power adders. Install was also a little bit of a *****.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
good topic. Everyone please be honest with what you don't like as it will help those of us who have not decided, decide....

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
this! lets see this nitrous/vortech setup big kyle

Like tyler said it's in the process cars completely apart , parts are out for powdercoating etc .

Tommy92

Reaction score
Saleen Series IV twin screw supercharger made by Whipple. I love the power and sound but hate how its in the way of easily being able to change my spark plugs. Also the snout bearing is going bad.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Might as well get her ported While the bearing gets replaced ;)

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Hell yea vortech baby :) that's what I'm talking about right there . The best thing is [MENTION=8095]ProKiller[/MENTION] my engine will look so close to yours now except I have the knock off intake :( . That's one beastly combo you got under there dude . Damn I want that thing

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
Sweet setup guys. Pretty cool seeing everyones different setups.

My combo consists of a V7 JT trim (20psi), Paxton FMIC, AIS tri nozzle meth system, 8 rib setup with 10% overdrive crank pulley.

My favorite part of this setup is with my built auto and triple disc converter and 3.73's, at WOT car will see 12ish psi right off the pedal...so you know all that "lag" us centri guys see lol.
V7 with Mondo BOV sounds pretty wild too.
Absolutely no complaints about meth, except about a week ago I cracked a line on the tank which is mounted in my trunk and lost about 3 gallons of methonal all over the garage floor which is obviously pretty dangerous.
In the near future I will be running an NX plate kit 50-100 shot on top of this as well.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online