motor problem!!!!

94silverbullitt

Reaction score
I HAVE A WEIRD KNOCKING SOUND IN MY UPPER INTAKE AND IT ONLY STARTS KNOCKING WHEN I REV THE MOTOR AND DOESENT WHEN AT IDLE, WOULD ANY OF YOU KNOW WHAT THAT COULD BE???

ryclef331

Reaction score
what EXACTLY does it sound Like (B.B.s in a can?) Does the motor shake when you do it? did you change ANYTHING recently?

OP
OP

94silverbullitt

Reaction score
i found the problem out today when the car began to shake really bad, the harmolic balancer went out so i guess im going to be replacing that this weekend thanks for your help man

95Boss

Reaction score
I was thinking maybe you had a mouse with a wooden leg trapped in the intake. Glad you found the problem. Those kind of things drive a person crazy.

ryclef331

Reaction score
94silverbullitt said:
i found the problem out today when the car began to shake really bad, the harmolic balancer went out so i guess im going to be replacing that this weekend thanks for your help man

Glad you figured it out. If you haven't heard, it is EXTREMELY common on these cars. the stock balancers are CRAP. I actually bought a 95 gt for 1,000 that the owner though had blown the motor b/c the balancer was shot. I knew it over the phone and said "PLEASE don't start it anymore, I don't want risk locking it up ***as I tried not to laugh**** I am on my way with a truck to buy it." 1,000 later and the stock balancer off of my Orange car...I was doing donuts at the shop in my 1,000 car.

916_5.0

Reaction score
Damn man way to scam the guy out of his stang lol i probably would have done the same thing lol. Thats a pretty sweet deal though. I should probably replace mine to since i got the stocker in there still.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online