motor problem!!!!

Discussion in '94-95 5.0 - Specific' started by 94silverbullitt, Apr 12, 2007.

1. 94silverbullitt

94silverbullitt New Member

I HAVE A WEIRD KNOCKING SOUND IN MY UPPER INTAKE AND IT ONLY STARTS KNOCKING WHEN I REV THE MOTOR AND DOESENT WHEN AT IDLE, WOULD ANY OF YOU KNOW WHAT THAT COULD BE???

2. ryclef331

ryclef331 Well-Known Member

what EXACTLY does it sound Like (B.B.s in a can?) Does the motor shake when you do it? did you change ANYTHING recently?

3. 94silverbullitt

94silverbullitt New Member

i found the problem out today when the car began to shake really bad, the harmolic balancer went out so i guess im going to be replacing that this weekend thanks for your help man

4. 95Boss

95Boss Active Member

I was thinking maybe you had a mouse with a wooden leg trapped in the intake. Glad you found the problem. Those kind of things drive a person crazy.

5. ryclef331

ryclef331 Well-Known Member

Glad you figured it out. If you haven't heard, it is EXTREMELY common on these cars. the stock balancers are CRAP. I actually bought a 95 gt for 1,000 that the owner though had blown the motor b/c the balancer was shot. I knew it over the phone and said "PLEASE don't start it anymore, I don't want risk locking it up ***as I tried not to laugh**** I am on my way with a truck to buy it." 1,000 later and the stock balancer off of my Orange car...I was doing donuts at the shop in my 1,000 car.

6. 916_5.0

916_5.0 Active Member

Damn man way to scam the guy out of his stang lol i probably would have done the same thing lol. Thats a pretty sweet deal though. I should probably replace mine to since i got the stocker in there still.