Multiple quetions about gears and PI

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
jpajkos said:
I understand what I got myself into when buying a NPI 4.6. All im saying is that there have to be better power gains then 40-50 horses from heads, intake and cams. I mean 40 horses for a new set of performance heads sounds about right if ported? In the muscle mustang fast fords anderson motorsports gained 60 more horses from a intake plenum and cams. Im not joking take a look for yourself. They then equiped it with a 75mm tb and pulleys and dynoed it at max power 267rwhp. I mean if this article is lying that sucks. About my fox I know its sad. Whats even sadder is I got a 3500 check for it from the insurance company. Thats hurt me the most. But hey better things will happen to me.
You can't take the dyno #'s the mags print seriously because the companies whos products are being tested are usually paid advertisers. The 40-50 hp gain you will get is from swapping Stock heads/cams/intake from a 99-04 GT. Now if you add ported heads and aftermarket cams add another 40-50 hp so now your stock NPI GT has just gained 80-100 hp from a HCI swap. With LT headers/mid pipe/catback/ 75mmTB/Upper plenum/pulleys and a tune you can get easily over 300-320rwhp from that little 4.6. It really depends on how much money you have and whatt your goals are.

jpajkos

Reaction score
Well on the 29th my 4.10s are getting installed. I plan on buying some after market heads,cams, and intake later on down the road. My goal is to push about 320-350 at the wheels with mine with out a charger. I know its a long shot from happening but I will do it. For the 96s do we have to burn a chip to tune it?

ALITL8

Reaction score
jpajkos said:
For the 96s do we have to burn a chip to tune it?

i just got the SCT Eliminator multi program chip installed and got 3 custom tunes on our 97... in my opinion thats the way to go :thumb:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vallybell

Members online