Mustang Dave's Project: Black Panther

BlackPanther00

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I am new to the board and thought I would share my new project and some of my background. I started working on Mustangs when I was 16 and have done everything from exhaust and suspension to major engine builds. It all started with my 1970 Mustang coupe and about 18 Mustangs later here I am with my new project - Black Panther. It is a 2000 GT Convertible that I picked up for $2000. The car was in a minor front end collision, and needs the header panel, bumper isolator, bumper cover, headlights, and eventually a hood. I have some awesome plans for this car, and they will take a little while, but that is how the game is played - as we all know. The current mods are BBK Shorty Headers, MAC Prochamber, Flowmaster 44's dumped (soon to be changed to a Magnapack catback), built AOD Trans (going to become a 5spd), 4.10's in the rear with a rebuilt posi and FRPP Axles, Trick Flow Upper Plenum with TB, Fender well CAI (will be changed), and it has been Dyno-Tuned by Big Daddy Performance with an SCT Tuner. I have ordered the front end parts already, and I am in the process of getting some other goodies. So here comes my new project - Black Panther!

day1p.jpg

day1rear.jpg

day1passside.jpg

day1driverside.jpg

day1int.jpg

day1pass.jpg

day1drive.jpg

day1eng.jpg

JonBeast

Legend
Reaction score
RUSTANG in the building...this will be a good build to follow.

I'm not going to be around on saturday...but do you want to turn some wrenches on sunday? I'm getting my new coolant tank and intake this week. Are your bumper/headlights going to be here before the weekend?

OP
OP
B

BlackPanther00

Reaction score
Sorry, screwed up on the pics, they are obviously there now, LOL!

JonBeast said:
RUSTANG in the building...this will be a good build to follow.

I'm not going to be around on saturday...but do you want to turn some wrenches on sunday? I'm getting my new coolant tank and intake this week. Are your bumper/headlights going to be here before the weekend?

I think we may be able to do something. I have no plans. Hopefully the bumper will be here before the weekend, the headlights are on the way.

ICEFOX

Reaction score
Mustang Dave!! Another Mustang in the Entourage! Sick deal, Sick project. I wanna go to Whiskey on Saturday you around? Jon your not going to be here?

OP
OP
B

BlackPanther00

Reaction score
ICEFOX said:
Mustang Dave!! Another Mustang in the Entourage! Sick deal, Sick project. I wanna go to Whiskey on Saturday you around? Jon your not going to be here?

I'll be around, hopefully with a full ready to go Stang! Jon's gonna be ghey and do something else on Saturday :(

JonBeast

Legend
Reaction score
BlackPanther00 said:
ICEFOX said:

I'll be around, hopefully with a full ready to go Stang! Jon's gonna be ghey and do something else on Saturday :(
Even if I was around...my stang is down for the count at the moment haha...Dave, I need to borrow your eyes on sunday to see WTF I broke.

stprorolla49

Reaction score
We should just get our own personal section of the website. :thefinger:

Dave, nice to see you on here, I'm glad you've got another mustang again. FINALLYYYY! I knew it would only take a week or 2 hahaha :eek:ccasion14:

OP
OP
B

BlackPanther00

Reaction score
Here is a slight update on what I have done so far. Nothing major, just some Cut Bullitt Front Springs (courtesy of stprorolla49), New Rear Springs FMS C springs, New Cobra Front Sway Bar (no pic of it, but it has been installed), and the Header Panel has been installed as well and I re-aligned the fenders/hood. Still waiting on a few parts for the front end.

newheaderpanel.jpg

newrearsprings.jpg

newspringsall.jpg

rearshotnewsprings.jpg

OP
OP
B

BlackPanther00

Reaction score
I decided not to get the catback as of yet because I found a nice deal on a TR3650 and pedals, and personally I would like to make the car stick, so the catback can wait. I am going to pick the trans up tomorrow, I will take some pics and give some more info on it sometime tomorrow.

ICEFOX

Reaction score
BlackPanther00 said:
I decided not to get the catback as of yet because I found a nice deal on a TR3650 and pedals, and personally I would like to make the car stick, so the catback can wait. I am going to pick the trans up tomorrow, I will take some pics and give some more info on it sometime tomorrow.

Sick!!!!!!! this your have the trans in by Saturday ;) I hope its not going to rain, Forecast says Thunderstorms...

OP
OP
B

BlackPanther00

Reaction score
ICEFOX said:
Sick!!!!!!! this your have the trans in by Saturday ;) I hope its not going to rain, Forecast says Thunderstorms...

I wish, I still need to get the clutch and all. I hope it doesn't rain either, they don't know how to predict weather this far in advance anyway.

JonBeast

Legend
Reaction score
Dave...we need to teach Mike how to roll like us. We don't mess around...BUY BUY BUY :thefinger:

The new trans is gonna be sick.

OP
OP
B

BlackPanther00

Reaction score
JonBeast said:
Dave...we need to teach Mike how to roll like us. We don't mess around...BUY BUY BUY :thefinger:

The new trans is gonna be sick.

Lol, yea, I will probably get the rest of the stuff to finish the trans by the end of next month. Then I will put it in in a weekend or something. Gotta cool the guns a little though, I do have other priorities, LOL! At least I will have a 5spd.

OP
OP
B

BlackPanther00

Reaction score
Well, here is a pic of the TR3650 trans out of an 01 Bullitt (has 40k miles) and Pedals I picked up thanks to BLCKSTNG96. Still need a lot more to put it in, but he gave me a great deal on it and he was local.

tr3650.jpg

pedalassy.jpg

OP
OP
B

BlackPanther00

Reaction score
Nothing like waiting all day for headlights to come just to check the tracking number, for the umpteenth time, and see that the shipment has been changed to tomorrow... UGGGGGHHH! And the bumper won't be here til Monday, BOOO!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rjac

Members online