Mustang Owners with Long Tubes

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jpajkos, Feb 27, 2007.

1. jpajkos

jpajkos Active Member

Im going to lower my stang. I have Kooks long tubes with kooks x pipe. How low are you? Do you scrap alot? What kit did you buy?

2. jpajkos

jpajkos Active Member

Can someone please move this topic to the garage.

3. Lightning Struck

Lightning Struck Legend

OK now that this is in the right section.......I have long tubes now and I had them on my 95 and 98 GT's all of them lowered. I only had clearance issues when going over speed bumps, or driveways with a sharp incline. Other than that, no probs

4. ju015dd

ju015dd Well-Known Member

no prob if you run iso's or if you have 18 in wheels. i was scraping on everydamn thing with my 17s but the new rims gave me just a tad more room and havent scraped on the drive way and other places i knew i was touching on.

5. 19mustang95

19mustang95 Legend

i have zero problems with mine scraping....but i did scrape the hell out of my front bumper last saturday backing out of this place they hold a meet at...but i dont care, the bumper will be in a dumpster somewhere soon.

6. OnyxCobra

OnyxCobra Legend

can i please ask how this is possible assuming you keep the same overall tire diameter?

7. ju015dd

ju015dd Well-Known Member

all i know is before when i would turn my wheel all the way left or right my tires would scrub the inner fender. and everytime i came and backed out of my fudged up driveway with the giant dropoff i no longer hit.

8. jpajkos

jpajkos Active Member

So If I dropped and 1.5 - 2.0 inches I should be ok? I have 17 inch chrome Cobra R's on my ride now. I just don't want to be scraping everyting.

9. TxCobrA98

TxCobrA98 Legend

might be close... lol on my car my mid pipe scrapes on a lot of stuff. and my car is lowered 2". then again, maybe texas doesn't build their entrances into places that well.. :dunno: :dunno:

10. GDawg

GDawg Well-Known Member

How much lowered? I have H&R SuperSports and I already fear speed bumps and sharp inclines (AND sudden dips) and I have my stock pipes. I had to raise my Kenne Bell heat exchanger from where they told me to put it cause I almost ripped it out a couple times. I've got about a three inch clearance under the body. I don't think I could go with long tubes. I'm thinking equal length shorties and an OR "H" pipe.

jmho :naughty:

11. scarface

scarface Guest

MAc Longtubes, Eibach sportlines, w/ no isolators. I have NEVER scraped.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. GDawg

GDawg Well-Known Member

I'm thinking about buying a camcorder this year. I'll have to show some of the messed up steep driveways and retarded intersections. And you ought to see them in winter (but the pony don't drive in winter - See "Winter Beater/Commuter)