My 2008 cummins 3500

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
I haven't made a thread for this ***** yet . I've had it for like 2 months haven't done much , it came with a bunch of mods already banks exhaust ,intercooler and cold air with super scoop today I got it tinted definitely digging the look.

330CubeGt

Reaction score
That's a bad Biach!

Limo, its not even a mega cab. Lol

OP
OP
Musturd

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
lol yea no mega cab that's just crazy ... I wanted the long box it was a must . I love this thing huge power and torque I'm doing the dpf delete egr delete and tune in the next few weeks

OP
OP
Musturd

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
I paid 29k for it . 20mpg not quite I get like 18mpg currently in the city I'm getting 800kms to a tank or so in the city about 1200kms on the highway . It will tow my car to the track a few times this year when I open my mouth and pull out my big boy pants on cash grudge race against a certain car

330CubeGt

Reaction score
Dang I thought they got more then that, and damn trucks are expensive.
I've been looking at a few new Ford's, but not sure I want to get back into payments.There also 25-30k :(

OP
OP
Musturd

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Once I do all my deletes the mileage goes through the roof

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score
That's a bad Biach!

Limo, its not even a mega cab. Lol

Mega cab is technically a 1500 with a 2500 chassis...(solid front axle but vin is pulled up as a 1500), btw has the heaviest rear seat in the world lol...... had to move one out of a smashed truck and shit was like 150lbs ...

lol yea no mega cab that's just crazy ... I wanted the long box it was a must . I love this thing huge power and torque I'm doing the dpf delete egr delete and tune in the next few weeks

Long box long cab are bad ass, ride well and if you do the correct tire pressures (light load heavy load) make the truck handle much better with the correct pressure and a decent tire on there...

Once I do all my deletes the mileage goes through the roof

with the 6.7 there are 2 styles of fuel filters on which goes to the old 5.9 style (its an update kit and cost a good bit but the new "oe" style filters suck and are expensive each time.

Try out the factory exhaust brake yet??? Use the vgt as much as you can with the exhaust brake or it will carbon up like a fuucker

RichV

Reaction score
Love those 5.9s.

Not sure what deletes are going to send your mileage through the roof, My experience is just the opposite. Average is 18-22 depending on heavy your foot is, that's a 04 2500 shortbox/crew. Mine is the 5.9 HO, everything is stock except a K&N in the box and a Edge/Attitude tuner. With zero tune you'd hardly notice anything 6K lbs behind you at all, so any open trailer with a car is a walk in the park. A big and loaded enclosed trailer will definitely let you know it's there, and a little bit of a tune will help over the hills.

I'll be putting mine up for sale in a week or 2. It's got 210K miles, and Cummins with those miles are still wanting $15-20K. That's just crazy to me, I bought it with 43K miles for $24K about 6 years ago. I'm kinda on the fence with selling it, but I just got a '14 2500 Cummins and just can't justify keeping the '04.

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
Fuuck yeah Kyle that thing is badass. You definitely have to get a straight pipe on that biitch and get a vid posted of it. Sounds sooo sexy man. I'm diggin it for sure, and it can definitely pull down a house if you needed it to. I'm rollin around in a 07 6.0 right now with an edge tuner, banks monster exhaust and afe intake... Dude that thing is slow as balls off the line but once it starts rolling and the boost kicks in good god that thing is fast for a 7000lb truck. I bet that cummins hauls even more ass tho lol

OP
OP
Musturd

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Mega cab is technically a 1500 with a 2500 chassis...(solid front axle but vin is pulled up as a 1500), btw has the heaviest rear seat in the world lol...... had to move one out of a smashed truck and shit was like 150lbs ...

Long box long cab are bad ass, ride well and if you do the correct tire pressures (light load heavy load) make the truck handle much better with the correct pressure and a decent tire on there...

with the 6.7 there are 2 styles of fuel filters on which goes to the old 5.9 style (its an update kit and cost a good bit but the new "oe" style filters suck and are expensive each time.

Try out the factory exhaust brake yet??? Use the vgt as much as you can with the exhaust brake or it will carbon up like a fuucker

Ill wvenetually be be swapping the lift pump and all kinds of stuff ....
[MENTION=17007]RichV[/MENTION] it's a 6.7 with dpf and egr and stuff the 5.9 never had that stuff my buddies straight piped egr deleted truck with a h&s tuner gets quite a bit better mileage then my truck .... Same when I modded my 7.3 dually mileage got a lot better with the 4" turbo back, intake manifold ,cold air intake and tuner . They like like to breathe .....

As for for more lift it's in the works ... If I didn't just buy a vortech and have some big plans for the musturd car shit would be getting done a lot faster

OP
OP
Musturd

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
I thought you bought a turbo for it lol Kyle what you doin mayn?

I was was talked out of it by my tuner because the lobe seperation on my cam is a little too much for turbo ... I basically was aware of this when I bought it but didn't care .... After looking into it further with him , I would have been leaving a Wack load of power on the table , do you remember how much power Justin's 2v picked up with just stock cams from the blower cams he had ? ... So this one kids grabbing my on3 kit and I picked up a used vortech kit off my buddy who owns the shop the cars at that he's top secretly had forever :(

RichV

Reaction score
Oh that's right, 08 was about when they switched from the 5.9. I like the 6.7, but my 5.9 seems to have a bit less turbo lag. But when the 800 ft/lbs kicks in, you definitely know it's there, specially with traction control off. :)

OP
OP
Musturd

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Oh that's right, 08 was about when they switched from the 5.9. I like the 6.7, but my 5.9 seems to have a bit less turbo lag. But when the 800 ft/lbs kicks in, you definitely know it's there, specially with traction control off. :)

Yea mine doesnt gave traction control . With the intercooler I have and cai with super scoop my turbo spools really quickly . This things all over the road like you said . I truly love this truck and couldn't be happier with the purchase

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
I was was talked out of it by my tuner because the lobe seperation on my cam is a little too much for turbo ... I basically was aware of this when I bought it but didn't care .... After looking into it further with him , I would have been leaving a Wack load of power on the table , do you remember how much power Justin's 2v picked up with just stock cams from the blower cams he had ? ... So this one kids grabbing my on3 kit and I picked up a used vortech kit off my buddy who owns the shop the cars at that he's top secretly had forever :(

Damn dude that blows, no pun intended. But no I really don't remember his power gains, honestly I don't think I was around until he was tired of his SN. But stock cams are better for turbo than blower cams? I didn't know honestly. That's good to know I'll be sure to make up my mind and stick to it if that's the case.

At least you got a buyer for the On3 already tho, and you already got your blower so your not really sittin back too bad or anything. Should be a kickass year for you and Musturd. Especially since you haven't had it out and about in a loooooong time. Your gonna hit the gas the first time and be like holy fuuk I don't remember it being this fast haha

OP
OP
Musturd

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Exactly I drove it 3 times this year it wants to hang the tires on the street already but now with the extra power that I usually get from the kit I'll have full time so it should be a blast

Goldmember

Reaction score
That's one evil-looking truck. Bet it would pull bus-lengths on more than a few cars here. (me included)