My body and paint - Paint is done - reassemble time!

OP
OP
Dalamar

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
HEHE, ok, I know what you mean now.
the stripe wasn't that bad!! but it is a bit much.\
now the concept drawings the painter grunt did, THAT was NFS...
In fact I saw a honda Yesterday at the movie theater with a similar stripe on the top edge, with fade lines in the back....
You know what I was thinking! :-\

S

scarface

163.jpg

1996mustangGT

Reaction score
94darkhorse said:
Those sideskirts are awesome! Looks good man, your painter did some hella good work.
+1
how much was the paint job if you dont mind my asking..?

snoball

Reaction score
You can take off those rear window moldings. I just repainted my car,i know i havent got pics or talked bout it much though. theres a few bolts on the interior and the glue isnt too bad. Mine didnt break on either side. maybe i was jusy lucky though? I also added pearl to my paint but have ghost flames now. Looks good man!

OP
OP
Dalamar

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
94darkhorse said:
Those sideskirts are awesome! Looks good man, your painter did some hella good work.
Thanks man, I'm very happy with how it turned out.
Lot's of labor involved, but hey, if you can't buy it, make it I guess!

Matt94GT said:
wow man those sideskirts are amazing, they look kick ass need more pics of them its hard to see whats going on at the back end of your car...nice work man!
Thanks Matt, you'll get more pix in a few days.

Today they sanded and recleared the roof and hood because it fisheye'd on them...
no charge, just time. I swear everything takes more time than what's expected... Cant rush custom.

OP
OP
Dalamar

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Snoball said:
You can take off those rear window moldings. I just repainted my car,i know i havent got pics or talked bout it much though. theres a few bolts on the interior and the glue isnt too bad. Mine didnt break on either side. maybe i was jusy lucky though? I also added pearl to my paint but have ghost flames now. Looks good man!
thanks snowball, That's cool you have ghost flames on your car!

OP
OP
Dalamar

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
They're wet sanding it, and buffing the car yesterday, today...

Here's some pix:
(sorry phone pix)

hoodpearl.jpg

HOW DO YOU LIKE THE DECKLID???
where did that third brake light go?? >:D

backpearl.jpg

The only problem currently is the back bumper got flexed a bit much on the stand, and it cracked on the bottom corner, so they're going to have to fix and repaint it. bummer, but shit happens, so what can you do. and the lower valance will be sprayed semi gloss black. :)

JonBeast

Legend
Reaction score
Lookin gooooood :thumb:

That hood picture really shows the sparkle of tha paint :naughty:

OP
OP
Dalamar

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks guys!

Man, my painter is a really honorable guy. When I poped in today, the whole car was sanded down...
So I ask whats' up.?
They've been sanding and buffing it for the last 3 days BC there was some fisheye on the top edges.
so after they sanded and polished the car, there was a few spots that still showed.
I'm not there - HE decides the whole car needs to be recleared, so they have it already prepped and sanded it, and he was fixing the crack on the back bumper when I walked in.
He's apologizing to me for the delay and telling me there's no extra cost, and he won't give the car back to me unless it's perfect.

NO complaints from me. I didn't even have to ask. This is called standing behind your work.
needless to say, I'm bring by lunch for everyone there tomorrow.

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
good to hear thats pretty honorable. i brought my buddy gatorade as much as i could when my truck was in the shop. his shop has no a/c and the 2 weeks he had it the heat index was 100+

OP
OP
Dalamar

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Well the car was recleared on Friday.
They're wet sanding it now. another above and beyond move by my painter.
Few more days, as usual, but that's OK. I"m numb to delays by now, it's done when it's done...

Here's some pix from today:

rearpearl.jpg

pearlfront.jpg

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
jeff... your car is amazing. definitely get the attention to mmff or 50mag when its done. for real man. that rear end looks soooo good with the license plate filled, the brake light and i loveeeeeeeeee the lower part of the rear valance. looks amazing! i want to do that with mine now!

i cant waitttt to see it when its done. how many more days you thinking?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alleghenyamerican

Members online