My body and paint - Paint is done - reassemble time!

G

GREG@SN95

[TxCobrA98 said:
]
jeff... your car is amazing. definitely get the attention to mmff or 50mag when its done. for real man. that rear end looks soooo good with the license plate filled, the brake light and i loveeeeeeeeee the lower part of the rear valance. looks amazing! i want to do that with mine now!

i cant waitttt to see it when its done. how many more days you thinking?

+1

thats a very dandy car you got yerself there!

next month's MOTM for sure!

OP
OP
Dalamar

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks guys :) It's really turned out good. I'm happy with the body lines.

Trey- I'm not sure, we'll see if it's ready friday.
Hold on for more info on the filled in brake light ;)
thanks for the comps, I think I choose the hard way most of the time.
Different is good, but it takes hella time and mo money.. . lol.
if you want to go the same, I've got the guy to do it for you :)

Grandtouring - the color is PPG pure white, with silver metalic pearl over top. there's tiny flecs of green and purple in the pearl. you have to be about 3" away to see those. It's nice BC it doesn't mud the white, it still looks bright white. I'm looking forward to seeing it in the sun.
I like pearl, but I don't like most of the OEM pearl whites, BC it's more of an off white, or beige looking white.
Pure silvery pearl - I like that.

Thanks Greg.
Let's wait until Nov/Dec
when it has the blower ;D

Once it comes back home to my garage, I need to pull the rear end, and throw in the Moiser 31 spliners, Posi and girdle.
Paint the housing, and install longer studs and rear spacers to fill out the back wells.
I had him roll the rear fender lips for maximum offset.
Oh, and i plan on actually driving the car - MAN that will be a switch :hammer:

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
man once that paint hits the sun your jaw will drop. i cant wait to see the pics :)

JonBeast

Legend
Reaction score
MAN that looks good!

You know what would be siiiiiick....color matched wheels :eek:

ALITL8

Reaction score
lookin awesome Jeff!!! cant wait to see in in the sun O0

OP
OP
Dalamar

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
JonBeast said:
MAN that looks good!

You know what would be siiiiiick....color matched wheels :eek:
thanks man.
you mean the roushes?
Hmmm,

I'm thinking maybe if it's a wheel with a polished lip?! that would look clean.

Thanks Rob! Me 2!

Shocker98GT

Reaction score
I think that color would look GREAT with some BBS RK Plasmas O0 Different and would look hot as hell.

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
It looks AMAZING!!!

the rear bumper and the shaved decklid look awesome on the white. cant wait to see it all put back together and out in the sun. O0

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
wow man for starters your putting on by far my favorite hood I love that thing, those sideskirts are unreal I wont even go there and that ass end is damn sexy...love the bumper and lid! wow man that thing is sooo cool. cant wait to see it all back together!

OP
OP
Dalamar

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
THanks guys, I'm excited to see it together too!
It's been a bit spendy to go custom on the body, but I really like how the lines turned out.

they put in the new windshield yesterday, painted mirrors look nice!!
the rear end is out and getting new Moiser 31spline axles, posi and girdle installed.
my guy is redoing the ghost graphics on the hood and reclear, also needs to paint the black on the lower valance of the rear bumper.
then just clean out the inside, put the "painted" , harder to break, rear end back in, and she's comming home to daddy. :)

Wheel search / photo choping will commence once it's back...
I'll need some input on that decision.

95Boss

Reaction score
The car is really looking good, Jeff. My buddy is having a '51 Ford Club Coupe done. It is taking much longer and much more expensive to get done than he was told it would. That seems to be a common occurrence when customizing a car. It can be frustrating and you get antsy the closer it gets to being finished. It will be worth the wait and money when it's done. Nice choice on the color. I still like black wheels with chrome lips on white GT's.

OP
OP
Dalamar

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks 97 :)

95Boss said:
The car is really looking good, Jeff. My buddy is having a '51 Ford Club Coupe done. It is taking much longer and much more expensive to get done than he was told it would. That seems to be a common occurrence when customizing a car. It can be frustrating and you get antsy the closer it gets to being finished. It will be worth the wait and money when it's done. Nice choice on the color. I still like black wheels with chrome lips on white GT's.
Ya know I hear the same thing from other restomod jobbers. it does seem common. My guy was straight up about it though. at the first he said, if it takes more time, that's what we bill you for- and he's been really reasonable with the redo on the clear, and other stuff. for example - taking out my rearend, and putting it back in with the new coil overs. I asked - he said it would take about a day. His guy is a bit new, and I had him read over the MM instructions and torque it all - do it really carful, and he did. so it took him a day and a half.
He only charged me 8 hrs labor. He's a great guy and does sweet work, I'd recommend him to everyone.

So, I've been looking at wheels.
Ya know, the one's i have look better now that it's done, but since you like black with a lip - I think this would look tits.

momfx2.jpg

Maybe a spring addition ;)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alleghenyamerican

Members online