My car was Totaled by a mini Cooper

OP
OP
95351w

95351w

Reaction score
My car was totaled a year ago on the way to car show in Newport a very hard hit from a small car got a nice 88 mustang from a friend with 351w and a lot of good parts already on it

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
that is 2x as annoying to know some trendy a-hole in that itty bitty car can't fit into traffic. The only thing that makes me grin is knowing it was an expensive itty bitty car that his insurance is gonna rape him for the next few years like bubba in prison would...

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Damn [mention]95351w [/mention]!!!! Hopefully no one got hurt. That looks crazy!!!!!! Did he pull out in front of you or what???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, I get that it was a year ago(?), but my knee-jerk reaction is: “holy shit, are you ok??”

Werecow

Reaction score
Man, that's a frakkin shame... I loved the eyeballs you had sticking up thru the hood, cool touch!! I may use that idea!!

MyLittlePony

Reaction score
Umm... ...no. NOT totaled, unless YOU say it is. You own a super rare but modified mustang. So, this is a 94 convertible not a 95 coupe:

https://www.barrett-jackson.com/Archive/Event/Item/1994-FORD-MUSTANG-GT-CONVERTIBLE-202155

and attached is a marti report of a 94 with Rio red exterior and 6F interior. GT cloth is 2F GT leather is 4F. These would be even more rare.

If the insurance company cannot find an identical car, why should they expect a $2000 check or whatever will buy you something equivalent? You have all the receipts to your mods? Engine, hood, etc? They need to compensate you. This isn’t a 25yo ford. It is a classic collector car! Other guy can buy another mini any day of the week (except Sunday). You, however, cannot buy another car like yours. You can buy something similar and built it into what you had, but you need to be compensated to do so.

Attachments

• DF2AA8C3-2190-4A52-B0BB-B91FCBD7208C.jpeg
    DF2AA8C3-2190-4A52-B0BB-B91FCBD7208C.jpeg
    216.9 KB · Views: 23
  • 9750A4BE-D850-43D4-8FF5-2144B6507778.jpeg
    9750A4BE-D850-43D4-8FF5-2144B6507778.jpeg
    290.9 KB · Views: 20

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
Wow hope every is ok
But there would be a shortage of snicker bars to calm me down
I would be so pissed off

MyLittlePony

Reaction score
Don’t really have that problem here. Pretty much, if it’s a car, it’s rare, so a mini, even in modern form, is pretty small in comparison, so they tend to be a bit more defensive when driving, which leads me to believe this was an inexperienced driver. But I wasn’t there. So in no way defending.

Really, the only issue I ever had with one was when I passed one on fire. No idea what caused it, seemed too new to have an excuse to spontaneously combust while driving. I was oncoming, so it didn’t cause me any traffic, but I do believe they shut the other side down completely.

OP
OP
95351w

95351w

Reaction score
Damn [mention]95351w [/mention]!!!! Hopefully no one got hurt. That looks crazy!!!!!! Did he pull out in front of you or what???
She ran off the road on her side and then came across and hit me I bent the steering wheel and the brake pedal I had my 4 point belts on I was in the hospital for 2 days I have nerve damage to my neck.

OP
OP
95351w

95351w

Reaction score
Ok, I get that it was a year ago(?), but my knee-jerk reaction is: “holy shit, are you ok??”
Nerve damage to my neck still getting treated for it but nothing they can really do for it had shots but doesn’t help.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score

When they rebuilt the 5 vertebrae I shattered years ago they warned me of a ton of scary possibilities cause the chunks of vertebrae had severed all the nerves in that stretch of my nerve canal. Luckily after they finished and put my nice stainless cage inside I could walk. I had nerve damage that caused issues off and on for about 5 years. 99% are all healed and back to normal. Shots and all the other garbage doesn’t help them repair, only time does.

The pain sucks and the occasional muscle spasm that would cause my legs to lock up on random positions was horrible but it is all gone now.

I hope yours fixes itself. Best of luck dude!!!

Werecow

Reaction score
Danm @evilcw311 , I completely understand what you went through, I've got a messed up spine right now, and ppl that never had a bad back don't understand what it's like. I'm glad you were able to make it thru it and come out ok!! And @95351w I hope you can get some relief... Be careful on those steroid shots... They can make a bad situation worse over time.. Believe me, I know...

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Danm @evilcw311 , I completely understand what you went through, I've got a messed up spine right now, and ppl that never had a bad back don't understand what it's like. I'm glad you were able to make it thru it and come out ok!! And @95351w I hope you can get some relief... Be careful on those steroid shots... They can make a bad situation worse over time.. Believe me, I know...

Mine happened in 07. I went back to snowboarding, wakeboarding, and surfing within a couple years. I’m not one to let shit hold me back. As is I have other issues trying to screw with my health and my physical strength but I won’t stop doing what I want just yet.

My family worries some cause they know once I get to the point I can’t still live my way of living I’ll chum the waters and go swimming. [emoji38]

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
When they rebuilt the 5 vertebrae I shattered years ago they warned me of a ton of scary possibilities cause the chunks of vertebrae had severed all the nerves in that stretch of my nerve canal. Luckily after they finished and put my nice stainless cage inside I could walk. I had nerve damage that caused issues off and on for about 5 years. 99% are all healed and back to normal. Shots and all the other garbage doesn’t help them repair, only time does.

The pain sucks and the occasional muscle spasm that would cause my legs to lock up on random positions was horrible but it is all gone now.

I hope yours fixes itself. Best of luck dude!!!

So that’s why you’re so fucked up. Always knew there was an underlying reason. That’s some heavy stuff bro.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
So that’s why you’re so fucked up. Always knew there was an underlying reason. That’s some heavy stuff bro.

Yeah when your biggest addiction is being a true adrenaline junky your guaranteed to end up with some damage.

Actually in hindsight cocaine would of been a much cheaper addiction!!!!!! [emoji1787]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online