My Car....

OP
OP
B

Blueoval

Reaction score
ALITL8 said:
was it a V6 from the factory? if not, why would it have a V6 bumper?

No, my car is tagged and titled as a GT but for some reason still came with a V6 back bumper from the factory. I guess it was one of ford factory screw ups. I met the original owner about a month after I bought it and asked them if the bumper had been replaced and he said no that he thought it was weird too when they bought it in '97.

ALITL8

Reaction score
Blueoval said:
No, my car is tagged and titled as a GT but for some reason still came with a V6 back bumper from the factory. I guess it was one of ford factory screw ups. I met the original owner about a month after I bought it and asked them if the bumper had been replaced and he said no that he thought it was weird too when they bought it in '97.

interesting... did you swap out the GT emblems or was that already done as well. if i was you i'd find out all i could about that car. in 2007 http://www.thirdgenerationnewsandbeyond.com will be back on line, you should get a data sheet done on your car! bookmark that link, it'll be one of the best sources for mustang info!

OP
OP
B

Blueoval

Reaction score
ALITL8 said:
Blueoval said:

interesting... did you swap out the GT emblems or was that already done as well. if i was you i'd find out all i could about that car. in 2007 http://www.thirdgenerationnewsandbeyond.com will be back on line, you should get a data sheet done on your car! bookmark that link, it'll be one of the best sources for mustang info!

When I bought the car it had the factory 96-98 GT emblems on it, I switched out to the '99+ GT emblems because I was looking for something a little different. I am thinking about switching them again because these are starting to look old now.

ALITL8

Reaction score
IMO the stock emblems for 97 look better than the 99+ but thats just me. your car is fine though... even with the V6 bumper ;D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001