My Mustang!!

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Roger that!! We have to set the curve high! I'm shooting for somewhere between 380-420 rwhp. Anything in that range would be sah-weet!

OP
OP
M

mikey94gt

Reaction score
Ya, im thinking high 400's, ,low 500's are a possibility... H/C/I plus 6-8psi is gonna be fun on a 302...

BTW, just picked up a set of flow-matched 60 lb per hour injectors at a hell of a price, and now looking for a MAF. eventually, I will convert to EDIS and Megasquirt, so I will have a MAF for sale soon. Im looking at the PMAS Velocity ones, you can have them re-calibrated to whatever you want.

OP
OP
M

mikey94gt

Reaction score
Update: I got moved up 3 weeks on my orders, so no Vortech install for now, it will go on the 351w after the build up. but I did get the axle done, painted and ready for oil!!! it looks sick with the Saleen girdle and grey hammerite paint

here are some pix, Im gonna take some more of the finished product tomorrow.

p_00112.jpg

p_00113.jpg

p_00114.jpg

OP
OP
M

mikey94gt

Reaction score
Got the rear axle in the car, swapped a fresh transmission in the car and took her for a drive yesterday. The gears are a nice improvement, and its much easier to drive. I dont know if the stud girdle was a good choice, I will know when I get the panhard bar installed someday. its sooo nice to drive my car!!

p_00117.jpg

p_00116.jpg

OP
OP
M

mikey94gt

Reaction score
Thanks Duh09, you hooked me up very well!!!! I can return the favor when you are ready.....

OP
OP
M

mikey94gt

Reaction score
Well, the PMAS HPX mass air sensor came in today, and the guy that is gonna tune my car has my Moates Quarterhorse that is going in Saturday. will post dyno #'s as soon as I can... stay tuned. other than that. so, the blower buildup continues with the HPX sensor, I have read all over the internet and heard from MPE performance in Maine that these sensors are pretty awesome. so far, I have the blower, the 351w bottom end, a 255lph in tank pump, a TRex external pump, 60# injectors, gonna use the TFS TW heads on the car, a Moates Quarterhorse and a PMAS HPX sensor.

as far as improvements on the car, it got a full tune up, replaced the PRo Billet Dizzy with a stocker (instant improvement!), and it gets a nice dyno tune Saturday that should help with drivability.

IceMan

Reaction score
Good looking car... Not a fan of the wheels but it's not my car... Keep it up...

OP
OP
M

mikey94gt

Reaction score
Thanks man... the wheels seem to be hit or miss, but I havent really seen them on anybody else's Mustang...

OP
OP
M

mikey94gt

Reaction score
So, I got the Quarterhorse in and tuned today... drivability is much improved, tho top end power is about what is was before. there is more power"under the curve" so to speak, as the MAF transfer and spark tables are much closer than they were previously. Dont get me wrong, the PMS is a great piece of equipment, and I'm glad I used the PMS. Now, on to the numbers..... the important part, right?

296hp and 338 lbs tq, with a nice flat torque curve, and the A/F ratios right where they are supposed to be. This was on a Mustang dyno, btw.

OP
OP
M

mikey94gt

Reaction score
Trick Flow Street heat top end kit that Summit sells, 30# injectors, 88GT bottom end, Moates Quarterhorse chip & custom tune, the normal "bolt ons" save a custom 4" diameter intake pipe

OP
OP
M

mikey94gt

Reaction score
Thanks man.... Im sure its over 300hp, as the mustang dyno reports less hp than other dynos... suppposedly..

OP
OP
M

mikey94gt

Reaction score
So I made a major purchase today... the short of it is... im not going 351w after all, that s/b is gonna go in a drag car of some sort, ive been kickin around the idea of a 351w short bed, reg cab 2wd ranger pickup with a C4 and a 8.8, but thats besides the point.

I got a Boss block 347 stroker kit on the way to my buddy Trey's house, gonna start shopping for some bigger heads and a Parker Funnelweb to port for EFI.

OP
OP
M

mikey94gt

Reaction score
Im glad too... lol, I just had to bite the bullet and do it, lol. Now to find all the other stuff, lol.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newtosn95

Members online

No members online now.