my smoked headlights... =[

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by TxCobrA98, Jun 25, 2007.

1. TxCobrA98

TxCobrA98 Legend

how are the lights from Arts performance tinted? on the outside or what?

because these lights are really really making me mad.. not to thrash or hate on art, he is a great guy to deal with and i recommend him to many people..

but the lights i bought from him.. (Blue oval lights?) are terrible. i had to reseal them twice with silicon... the exterior (tint? idk) of the light is cracking all over.. so my lights now look foggy. i have water spots all in them because of bad seals... ive sealed them good and it hasn't done it since but still...

soo my question, is the tint on the outside of the lens? or the inside or are the housings tinted? to me it looks like the lenses are tinted.. i want to try and fix these but i dont know if i lightly sand them, it i will sand off the tint.

2. uncltrvlnmatt

uncltrvlnmatt Legend

Thanks for that info tex. I am buying new headlights soon, and this helps alot.

Unfortunately I can't help you with your problem.

3. scarface

scarface Guest

the lens is a tinted colored plastic. THey arent BOI lights... both places sell the same light from the same manufacture.

4. TxCobrA98

TxCobrA98 Legend

thats what i thought... i just wasn't 100 percent sure.. so i can't sand these?

5. scarface

scarface Guest

I dont see why not, HOWEVER Im not resposible if the get FUBR :)

6. Lightning Struck

Lightning Struck Legend

have you made contact with him about this Trey? Maybe you just got a bad set of lights ???

7. TxCobrA98

TxCobrA98 Legend

well i just noticed this a few weeks ago but i bought them last summer... soo idk if he could do anything about it or not.

8. Twista

Twista Legend

mine was fine, but it was smoked way to dark for my taste. Its not the reason i got rid of them though. I not sure how there doing now youll have to ask dfg_pimpin. From far away it looked like smoked covers which was :'( but up close it look'd sick! It never leaked or anything so i cant say anything bad bad about them.

9. 19mustang95

19mustang95 Legend

mine are in perfecto shapo...the ony problem i see people having is with the weatherstripping on teh corners. i would say you got a bad pair of headlights, or you fubared them up some how.

10. TxCobrA98

TxCobrA98 Legend

ive done nothing to them... they are just cracking terribly.. ill get close up pics tomorrow.

11. Matt94GT

Matt94GT Legend Retired Staff SN95 Supporter

strange mine have been great and I think I was the 1st to get them....although I havent seen my baby in nearly 10 months :'(