need bolt specs plz

wkrobbo

Reaction score
While attempting to change the oil filter adapter gasket on my '96 4.6 2v with oil cooler I destroyed one of the 4 bolts that attach the oil filter adapter to the block. Does anyone know the specs on that bolt or a ford part #? Also with the right specs can I get a match at Home Depot or do I need a genuine Motorcraft bolt replacement? Thank you for your knowledge.

07GtS197

Reaction score
As long as you can match the thread pitch and bolt diameter you can pick one up from Home Depot. Just make sure its stainless steel and its a flange bolt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
W

wkrobbo

Reaction score
As long as you can match the thread pitch and bolt diameter you can pick one up from Home Depot. Just make sure its stainless steel and its a flange bolt.

Thank you, the reason I'm asking for the specs (length, thread pitch, diameter) is so I can have the new bolt in hand when I start the job.

07GtS197

Reaction score
I doubt anyone will have that info unfortuneately. Your best bet is to grab one of the other ones you installed to use as reference.

OP
OP
W

wkrobbo

Reaction score
I doubt anyone will have that info unfortuneately. Your best bet is to grab one of the other ones you installed to use as reference.

Roger that, thanks for the info. I'll probably have to do as you say.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar