Need Ford part # for battery tray bolt

CobraRGuy

Reaction score
Hi all,

I need to replace the battery tray mounting bolt on my '95 Mustang. I don't need the battery hold-down bolt that goes through the wedge into the tray. I need the long bolt that goes down through the bottom of the battery tray and threads into a clip-nut in the front sub-frame. I have been unable to find a seller or the Ford part number.
The difficulty that I'm having is that these cars are old enough that no parts diagrams are available for this car online. Because the vast majority of the OEM parts for these cars have been discontinued, most dealers do not show parts diagrams, but offer a "Catalog" of the parts they either do have, or can still order from Ford.
Can someone point me to a site where the actual factory parts diagrams can be found? If I had the Ford part number I could do a search for it. Without the part number I can't find jack.
Can someone help a long-time (since 1974) Mustang fanatic? Any and all help is seriously appreciated.

Thanks, CobraRGuy

OP
OP
CobraRGuy

CobraRGuy

Reaction score
Thanks, I appreciate your reply. Unfortunately I had already seen this part and had passed it by because, if you read down in the description is says this:

"Installation Note
The zinc coated bolt in this kit is used for the battery hold-down block that secures the battery to the tray."

I previously bought a similar kit and tried that bolt. The hold-down bolts are too short. The bolt I need is around 2-1/2" long under the washer. I don't care if it's gold or black zinc because it really doesn't show. The one I have is unusual because the end of the bolt is pointed and the thresds go all the way to the pointed tip. The replacement doesn't need to look like that though.

OP
OP
CobraRGuy

CobraRGuy

Reaction score
Found it!
My buddy at Serramonte Ford (Colma, CA) parts expert extraordinaire Mr. Mike Kelly provided me with Ford part number N802867S2. These are discontinued and are quite expensive for a stupid bolt. I found one on eBay for $47.14 and $10 shipping. I'm checking dealer stock now.
Thanks everyone for your help. I really appreciate it.
CobraRGuy

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online