NEED HELP ASAP..!!!

yellowgt

Reaction score
Ok this is what happened.

Last Friday I installed my Cobra upper/lower intake and Trick flow elbow on my 95GT, Everything was going fine until I had to line up the EGR with the elbow.

It turns out the Trick flow elbow is lower than the stock elbow on the 95's plenum so of course the EGR would not line up properly.

I took a torch and heated up the EGR tube in order to bend it and of course it snapped right in the middle of the tube... :nonono: I heated up both ends of the tube and pinched them shut so I wouldn't have a vacume leak but I can still hear a slight one from inside the car. Now I have heard I don't need to even use the EGR but I would like the car to stay emissions friendly.

Here are my questions.

1. Is there anyone that you guys know of that makes a flexable EGR tube??

2. My idol is also all over the place but I'm guessing it's because of the slight vacume leak, Would that be the cause??

Your help is much appreciated.. :)

badass98svt

Reaction score
well you could always get some braided line, right? that sounds like it could be an easy and quick fix.

btw, that sounds like something i'd do too. i always brake shlt. lol

RIO5.0

Reaction score
As a temp fix you can remove/disable the EGR til you find a new tube per the below...I haven't run EGR/smog for 4 yrs with no prob's....I don't have to test though either...

Couple thoughts...

Any hose you use has to withstand some crazy heat and most hi-temp hose will not last long at all....I would pull the EGR and make a quick block off plate by tracing the outside of the EGR as a template and drill 2 holes, get some gasket material and make one to seal it off the intake and bolt it up....Cap the header tube too....
The electrical connector on the EGR can be removed by removing the 3 bolts...set that long plunger rod to approx 1/2 way and secure it...that'll keep the CE light off....

In the pic is the stuff I made to delete my smog/EGR stuff....you can see the block off plate out back....the rounded cap can be had a Home Depot and seal off the header....Use plenty of anti-seize on it...Just look for the Blue colored bag....5/8 I believe...

Some have used 3/4" copper tubing like they use for propane/HVAC lines....Bend to fit, put the nuts back on and flare the ends...Done deal....Sounds like your set-up is shorter...Most people need a longer tube....BBK or someone else does sell a longer tube....Or you could order another from Ford and have at it again???

Your vac leak must be the EGR side of your crimp job is sucking air???......maybe just leave the EGR on and buy the same cap as the header...undo the tube and throw that cap on there, that should seal it off....Lots of anti-seize here to....

Good luck to ya...

32709.jpg

OP
OP
Y

yellowgt

Reaction score
I would like to just cap off the EGR but I still have to get the bastard E-Tested.. :nonono:

I think I'm going to order another tube from Ford, The only problem with that is I will have to do some fabrication on it in order to clear the rubber tubing above the header.

This is going to be a pain in the ass but I will just have to be patient.

What about using a high heat rubber tube?? Has anyone ever used something like that???

OP
OP
Y

yellowgt

Reaction score
I'm not to sure about the braided line either, I will be sure to take a look at that option as well.

Sorry I forgot about your suggestion.. :thumb:

OP
OP
Y

yellowgt

Reaction score
Don't the steel braided lines still have rubber in the middle of them?

If so the rubber wouldn't be able to take the heat, Especially from the header heat.

Steve-Oh

Legend
Reaction score
i def don't think a braided line will work. As said above just cap it off temp to get ya through until you can order a new tube. Do you have any pictures of what you;re talking about?! I'm sure you can just tweak it with a pipe bender so it lines up. I haven't had egr on my car since I bought it so I can't even go look to see what you mean.

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
maybe a local muffler shop can fab you up a egr tube. or you could try to get some copper tube from the hdwr store and flair the ends.

stang94X

Reaction score
when i had an egr, i went to napa and got this blue rubber hose that was meant for exhaust applications and clamped it on, worked fine till i deleted everything, which was about a year and a half

Steven

Legend
Reaction score
yall do know this threads well over 2 years old right.. lol

95-stang

Reaction score
Well, a little about the OP:

Last Active: 05 September 2007, 19:17:42

Maybe he still reads occasionally. :)

Steven

Legend
Reaction score
DESERTCOX05 said:
why the f...k did you open it back up Einstein??????

because its steve-oh. he can get away with that

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online