Need help picking a drag radial

Venom351R

Legend
Reaction score
you can reverse the quad shocks as well if you dont want to remove them. Id only remove them if you had a good set of lower control arms. If your lowers are stock then just flip the quads

RichV

Reaction score
I'm not sure how long they will last as far as street mileage. They are DOT approved, but they also state 'For Competition Events Only' in fine print on the tire. So they are so soft that if you drive for a thousand miles with the alignment off, you'd most likely see a serious effect on treadlife.

Tread is not that important on a road race car, the tire grips better when it's a slick. But on the street, that's useless.

Also check out www.tiresdirect.net. Sorry, can't help out with fitment I've only run a 275 width.

I'd probably stick to a 295/305 with a 10" wheel.

OP
OP
J

jedpony

Reaction score
I'm not sure how long they will last as far as street mileage. They are DOT approved, but they also state 'For Competition Events Only' in fine print on the tire. So they are so soft that if you drive for a thousand miles with the alignment off, you'd most likely see a serious effect on treadlife.

Tread is not that important on a road race car, the tire grips better when it's a slick. But on the street, that's useless.

Also check out www.tiresdirect.net. Sorry, can't help out with fitment I've only run a 275 width.

I'd probably stick to a 295/305 with a 10" wheel.

Looked up some pics of a 315 toyo on a 10 rim and im definitely sticking with a 305. I did some research and found that some people got as much as 18,000 miles on the r888. Im thinking these are the tires. I could run 30-32 psi for daily driving. As far as the mickey thompsons every one is talking about which model?

you can reverse the quad shocks as well if you dont want to remove them. Id only remove them if you had a good set of lower control arms. If your lowers are stock then just flip the quads

Almost forgot you can flip the quads thanks. I will be flipping them since i dont have lower control arms yet.

Nitto 315's should fit no problem. They run slightly smaller than other tires iirc. I'm with Travis though, I vote Mickey's.

I read somewhere that the nittos do in fact run small in 17s but in 18s they run true to size? Or am i mistaken?

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Nitto runs a little small and BFG runs pretty big

Sent from bored/stroked iPhone

Ninety8stang

Reaction score
Don't get shittos. Nt555r.... Be better off buying a Michelin street tire. Now the nt05 hook. So do stickey mickeys, and bfgs..

I disagree... my car is a daily driver and they do really well in the rain, last a good while for how sticky the compound is. Now as far as the nt05's are obviously a better street tire but MT's you can see the rubber flying off of them if its a daily driver.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDTag

Members online