NEED TRACTION

SoddyRebel

Reaction score
My 97 gt doesnt have traction control, which i think none of them did, but everytime i race somone from a stop light and well floor it, those tires just light up and i have to pull the guy in and pass him, is there any hint on how not to spin them besides not flooring it all the way, is it better to power shift? My car is a auto by the way. Thanks Steven

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
You don't want traction control....

You may have to feather the throttel a bit, but if you need more traction,
the easiest way is tires. better and/or wider tires.

my Nitto 555's are great.

After that you're into the suspension, and that's more complicated.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Get a set of Drag Radials, ........BFG, NITTO's whatever they all are pretty close on performance. A set of lower control arms and uppers would be a nice investment as well as a set of shocks for the rear, that would get you hooking good. :thumb:

STNG_96

Reaction score
Snakebit said:
Get a set of Drag Radials, ........BFG, NITTO's whatever they all are pretty close on performance. A set of lower control arms and uppers would be a nice investment as well as a set of shocks for the rear, that would get you hooking good. :thumb:

Plus a set of Eibach Drag launch springs, and you basically will be set.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
STNG_96 said:
Snakebit said:

Plus a set of Eibach Drag launch springs, and you basically will be set.

True dat :thumb:

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Just sounds like you need a wider tire. I have 285/35/18's Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3's on the rear and with the stock NPI setup I couldn't brake them loose if I wanted to. Now I have alot more power so I upgraded to Steeda Aluminum Upper/Lower Control arms and they help plant the ass end of the car nicely to aid in traction.

badass98svt

Reaction score
LCAs are probably the single best mod for rear traction on a launch. aside from DRs, but they are not really practical. they don't last long at all.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
badass98svt said:
LCAs are probably the single best mod for rear traction on a launch. aside from DRs, but they are not really practical. they don't last long at all.

Just got my new ones last week, we will see if they last until the end of spring. :-[

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online