Need Your Input! Yes, you! get in here...

Steven

Legend
Reaction score
If it's a true or clone of the FMS clutch, then it's pretty decent for the price. A little heavier then stock, has a better feel to it in regards to biting.

theory29zane

Reaction score
put the same kit in my car not even a year ago and the throwout bearing is starting to make the death noise. going to replace it with the ford racing tb but the clutch grabs great. so other than the tb that comes with the kit not being so great not a bad price. would suggest using the stock cable.

theory29zane

Reaction score
i havent had a problem with the adjustable cable but do know several people have alot of bad luck out of them. and as far as the tob i suggest the ford racing bearing seams to be the best made that i have seen maybe some one else can chime in and agrees.

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
wouldnt buy off ebay... especially UPR products... then youre just asking for toruble.

that seller seems to sell mostly UPR products... he has 100% positive feedback, but i have a feeling most of those are shiny knobs for steering columns and junk like that...

..... id get that clutch through a reputable dealer, such as ford racing, american muscle, summit, jegs, etc. etc. etc.

"Saves you from buying ebay sellers knock off fake king cobra clutch kit."

yea, wonder how he sells this multi-piece set for $100.00 less than AM sells just the clutch for..... . .. . .. . .

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
I was being cheap and brought a flywheel off ebay. THE SOB was machined wrong and didn't bolt up to my 1997 GT which he stated it would.

Wasted $120 i think.. something like that. Been sitting in my garage for the past 3 years rusting away.. im going to scrap it for $$ lol

badass96gt

Reaction score
I had the same kit in my 84, within 3000 miles the throw out bearing exploded, another 2000 miles the cable broke along with one ear off the quadrant. Ill never buy that garbage again, buy quality once and be done!!!

94svtturbo

Reaction score
I have a spec stage 2. very streetable and amazing feel. I love it. fairly stiff. but it can hold a good amount of power. it grabs awesome launches. i would recommend spec

Mustanger

Reaction score
I have the Fidanza stage 1 clutch & like it very much. $179 at AM. My engine is stock so I wanted a stock type clutch. It feels & holds really nice. The Fidanza TOB was mistakenly put in instead of the Ford Racing one & it is now squealing at 1000 miles! So definitely only use the Ford TOB!!! Always always stay with the stock cable!! Go to MM & read the tech articles on this you will learn lots. They sell only Ford cables but have modified them to be used with a firewall adjuster & quadrant. I have a Steeda triple hook Quadrant for years now...only hear bad things about UPR stuff.

rio94

Reaction score
i have a king cobra and have no complaints with it at all. car was basicly stock when i put it in. we will see how it likes the power from the s-trim when it gets back on the road. :evil:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online