Never knew manual windows existed in a SN95 before

95SN95

Reaction score
First time I’ve seen manual windows in a SN95 before. This one was a strippo V6, manual, crank windows, no power locks, with AC. The door panels look so naked without the power window door lock buttons.

IMG_6023.jpegIMG_6024.jpeg

maillemaker

Reaction score
I believe there was a GTS model with no power windows. It was to try and give a sports car to people who didn't want all the bells and whistles.

Mustang5L5

Reaction score
94-97 had manual windows on very low level trims and 248A cars. Not sure about 1998.

I want to say in 1999 Ford made power windows/locks standard.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
yes the GTS models could come with power but they could also have the crank. The bad news is that they do not make any of the door pulls for those anymore if the tab on the bottom is broken. The good news is that I have been taking the reproductions and using my cnc to cut a piece of abs to fill the holes and then with a little filler/texture/paint the holes go away.

PWNY

Reaction score
yes the GTS models could come with power but they could also have the crank. The bad news is that they do not make any of the door pulls for those anymore if the tab on the bottom is broken. The good news is that I have been taking the reproductions and using my cnc to cut a piece of abs to fill the holes and then with a little filler/texture/paint the holes go away.
The door pulls on mine are holding in place with the aid of real good ahesives lol. I plan on fixing my door rattles over the winter. I might have to try and make my own custom door pulls aswell.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I charge $100 for the pair including shipping for what I do. They do not have the smooth/rubbery feeling the originals did but that rubber coating always came off.

MyLittlePony

Reaction score
These are quite rare, and tended to be the v6 models. Remember, manufacturers love to have the zero option cars on the books to appear like their cars are on a more affordable price range. “Starting at X” You can’t really order these mythical cheap ass cars because then you are paying MSRP, something no one in that time period did. Back then, you could actually negotiate a lower price at the dealer because who really wants Iris metallic? Anyway, another fun thing to look for is steel wheels. You see, alloy rims were an OPTION, while the standard were these neat tri spoked wheel covers.

The bad news is that they do not make any of the door pulls for those anymore if the tab on the bottom is broken. The good news is that I have been taking the reproductions and using my cnc to cut a piece of abs to fill the holes and then with a little filler/texture/paint the holes go away.

I just assumed fiberglass would get the best result. But you love that CNC, so I’ll leave you at it.

I charge $100 for the pair including shipping for what I do. They do not have the smooth/rubbery feeling the originals did but that rubber coating always came off.

I’ve bought replacements and none of these seem to have that rubber stuff. I’m honestly upset that such material still is used on electronics today. My 2007 dell laptop is super sticky icky. But the 2014 Bluetooth speaker I have had it too, and is also sticky icky!!!

I remember when my mom was mad at me when she found out I had painted mine an accent color. She thought I ruined it. I explained to her that I could always buy new ones to replace these if I change my mind and it would be just like before. This was about 23 years ago when not much SN95 stuff was being sold online, new or used. And salvage yards didn’t have anything because the car was also too new. Fast forward to the present, and the brand new ones I bought aren’t anything at all like the rubberized ones from the 90s.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I just assumed fiberglass would get the best result. But you love that CNC, so I’ll leave you at it.
nah the best thing to use is the same material that the cups are made of which is why I use the abs. This way when they are in the heat hopefully everything expands/contracts the same amount to keep them from separating later. I have done plenty of work with FB but I am not really sure how that would work and I am sure it would take more time.
I’ve bought replacements and none of these seem to have that rubber stuff. I’m honestly upset that such material still is used on electronics today. My 2007 dell laptop is super sticky icky. But the 2014 Bluetooth speaker I have had it too, and is also sticky icky!!!
I remember them when they were new but it seemed like right after the warranty was over that covering started to come up. Comparing it to a computer isn't an apples/apples comparison if you consider how much heat that they see in the summer and then consider people with rings on putting pounds of pressure on it to slam it shut and there was no way it was going to last. I mean these are some of the easiest shutting doors I have known so I never pulled on them hard enough to break the tab, but that is what happens.
I remember when my mom was mad at me when she found out I had painted mine an accent color. She thought I ruined it. I explained to her that I could always buy new ones to replace these if I change my mind and it would be just like before. This was about 23 years ago when not much SN95 stuff was being sold online, new or used. And salvage yards didn’t have anything because the car was also too new. Fast forward to the present, and the brand new ones I bought aren’t anything at all like the rubberized ones from the 90s.

MyLittlePony

Reaction score
nah the best thing to use is the same material that the cups are made of which is why I use the abs. This way when they are in the heat hopefully everything expands/contracts the same amount to keep them from separating later. I have done plenty of work with FB but I am not really sure how that would work and I am sure it would take more time.

I remember them when they were new but it seemed like right after the warranty was over that covering started to come up. Comparing it to a computer isn't an apples/apples comparison if you consider how much heat that they see in the summer and then consider people with rings on putting pounds of pressure on it to slam it shut and there was no way it was going to last. I mean these are some of the easiest shutting doors I have known so I never pulled on them hard enough to break the tab, but that is what happens.

Yeah, both my laptop and Bluetooth speaker have sat in an air condition cabinet or drawer their entire life. I don’t totally believe the whole temperature thing that people claim. It’s just chemical degradation over time. I mean, my car spent about 5 years parked in direct sunlight exposed to the hot Texas heat… …my mechanical pencils freaking melted!!! …the door bezels never had a chance of getting sticky before I painted them. 5 years should’ve been plenty of time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carolinastang78

Members online