New convertible top queations

luster908

Reaction score
Alright I'm hoping I posted this in the right place and didn't overlook this being discussed elsewhere. Forgive me if I have. My convertible top has been in need of replacing for some time now and it can't be put off much longer. So I want to know if anyone has experience of different sellers and tops that they would recommend. I'm going with a vinyl top I know this much. I don't have a garage for the time being and the pollen here is ridiculous so the cloth top isn't really a viable idea for me. I also want to keep with a heated glass back window. I've found a good price at autotopsdirect and heated back glass comes installed but the reviews don't have pictures to them and that makes me skeptical a little. American muscle has a decent price but once you add in the rear window it's about $100 more and I have to install the window. Any input is greatly appreciated.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

driftin

Reaction score
I have no direct experience but I believe one old guy I met at the mall park got his from American Muscle and looks good.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
[MENTION=8095]ProKiller[/MENTION] did you do the top in the flip car?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
L

luster908

Reaction score
I've heard the American muscle ones do look really good.

OP
OP
L

luster908

Reaction score
I haven't found a reputable shop around my area yet that can install the back glass is my only concern. I want to do the top install myself but I don't feel anywhere near capable of doing the stitching and gluing for the window install. That's why I was looking into the ones that have the window installed already. I'm just not certain those have the extra bracing material around the back glass that keep it from sagging with the weight of the glass. I'm going to start calling the places next week and see if they can give me more details on their top designs.

ProKiller

Reaction score
ProKiller did you do the top in the flip car?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

no, i was debating on doing it or not. if i would have, it would have been the AM version. never really heard anything bad about them.

OP
OP
L

luster908

Reaction score
That's one of reasons I'm leaning towards them is because they have good reviews and the customer photos look like very good quality tops. I just need to find an upholstery shop.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online