New Girl from NJ

stanggirlSN95

Reaction score
Hey fellas! New girl from NJ here. I've owned countless SN95s ( I have a problem). Currently have a 95 GT. It is actually the first auto mustang I have owned. It is a challenge not having a shifter to play with! Looking to turbo it in the very near future. Any suggestions are welcome! Thanks

Randy

Reaction score
Welcome.. Plenty of people here with good Turbo advice... Post some pics of your car when you can would like to see it .

1bad9d5

Reaction score
Welcome! what part of Jersey are you from?? I have a 95 GT myself and it has a turbo on it.. Definitely the best decision I have ever made with cars.. just wish it didn't snow so much up here lol :/

MRRRRCK

Reaction score
Welcome from Chicago!

Be careful with that automatic, it can't handle as much abuse as the manual. I've destroyed 2 automatics in the last 120,000 miles with basically a stock 95 GT, I drive aggressively but I don't beat on it. Just my experience...

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums , hope you enjoy your stay . There is a bunch of us that will be more then willing to help you with your plans and goals for the build . Post up some pics :)

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
:welcome:to the forum! Make yourself at home!

You should make a build thread and post some pictures :)
Let us know if you need anything!

decipha

Reaction score
IME the biggest mistake most newbie turbo owners make is

1> not having a fire extinguisher in the vehicle at all times, small leaks that pose no problem otherwise become big issues with the heat from turbos
2> consult your tuner prior to purchasing your injectors / maf, most folks tend to undersize these 2 aspects of the engine
3> suspension!! power doesn't do you much good if you can't put it to the ground
4> have idealistic goals with your vehicle according to your wallet, we all want unlimited power but getting there safely isn't cheap

this link will give you some good tidbits of info

http://info.efidynotuning.com/pre.htm

OP
OP
stanggirlSN95

stanggirlSN95

Reaction score
Welcome! what part of Jersey are you from?? I have a 95 GT myself and it has a turbo on it.. Definitely the best decision I have ever made with cars.. just wish it didn't snow so much up here lol :/

I'm in south jersey. Gloucester County. How about you? I've had countless 94-95s but this will be my first one throwing a turbo on. I love turbos and have experience with them, although going from a 4cyl awd to a 5.0 is 2 different monsters!

Welcome from Chicago!

Be careful with that automatic, it can't handle as much abuse as the manual. I've destroyed 2 automatics in the last 120,000 miles with basically a stock 95 GT, I drive aggressively but I don't beat on it. Just my experience...

I'm sure it wont last long with the way I drive. I'm anticipating it blowing. I'll decide at that point if I want to convert it over to a stick or not. Wouldnt be the first auto car I turned stick...thanks for the input

IME the biggest mistake most newbie turbo owners make is

1> not having a fire extinguisher in the vehicle at all times, small leaks that pose no problem otherwise become big issues with the heat from turbos
2> consult your tuner prior to purchasing your injectors / maf, most folks tend to undersize these 2 aspects of the engine
3> suspension!! power doesn't do you much good if you can't put it to the ground
4> have idealistic goals with your vehicle according to your wallet, we all want unlimited power but getting there safely isn't cheap

this link will give you some good tidbits of info

http://info.efidynotuning.com/pre.htm

Wouldnt exactly call me a newbie turbo owner.. New to a 5.0 turbo but have spent plenty of time playing with boost. My tsi was a consitant 11.40s car...Not too bad for my first build imo.

My newest girl - 1995 GT
http://

TanTop94

Reaction score
Love the car! Very clean. Other than the turbo what plans do you have for it? It doesnt bother me much but youre going to get some tension over the cobra badges.

OP
OP
stanggirlSN95

stanggirlSN95

Reaction score
Love the car! Very clean. Other than the turbo what plans do you have for it? It doesnt bother me much but youre going to get some tension over the cobra badges.

Thanks! I love the blue!! It came with the cobra badges and the fakie hood pins. I dont have the stock badges so the cobras have to stay for now. The 3m stick on hood pins and brow sticker will be gone as soon as its warm enough for me to be able to stand being outside for more than 30 seconds. I just picked this car up last week. I had sold my black 94 in october. 2 months with no mustang is a long time!!

TanTop94

Reaction score
Thanks! I love the blue!! It came with the cobra badges and the fakie hood pins. I dont have the stock badges so the cobras have to stay for now. The 3m stick on hood pins and brow sticker will be gone as soon as its warm enough for me to be able to stand being outside for more than 30 seconds. I just picked this car up last week. I had sold my black 94 in october. 2 months with no mustang is a long time!!

Gotcha! Hey well Im excited to see where this car goes and I understand about the cold lol, I decided to install some new seats in my car and even with it being in a garage I was still freezing. Make sure to start a build thread so we can all follow along with what you do:grin:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online