New guy here to learn

TwoDoorDime

Reaction score
Hey all my names doug, I bought a 97 cobra when I was 16, sold it when I was 17. I then got really into hondas. Also had a few datsun 510's. Ive had a few well built hondas but lately ive been itching to get another mustang. I always have been a fan of the 03-04 cobra (who isnt) but they are simply out of my price range. Finding a clean TEAL (only teal) notch fox that has flawless paint has proved to be impossible. I dont want a 4.6 so that leaves 94-95 5.0's. So ive been keeping an eye out for a nice 94-95 in a color I like for a decent price, when it shows itself I will be a mustang owner once again.

Coming from imports the big thing is turbo's so I have a bunch of turbo parts (and a bit of knowledge) left over from my civic so I figured what the hell. Once I find the right car the plan is to order the b&g custom turbo kit (3100 seems very inexpensive for a product with such good reviews). Ive read a bit about the factory 302 being limited at about 500whp (although ive read some lasting a while at 500 and some failing before 500) before the block splits. My basic plan is turbo a stock 5.0 (obviously dyno tuned with necessary fuel mods). Id like to be in the mid 400's. Anyway I know I need a lot more research but thats why I joined. I look forward to getting familiar with some of you guy/girls and more familiar with mustangs.

GT Rob

Reaction score
welcome to the sn family And sounds like you have a plan keep us postedof what what you find

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums! Check out http://www.on3performance.com/ if you have the chance. A couple people on this forum have their turbo, and i've heard only positive feedback about them. Their turbo supposedly puts you in the 400+ zone while retaining a bone stock motor. And their turbos go for around 1800-2500 i believe.

Any out of curiosity, what part of San Diego are you in?

OP
OP
T

TwoDoorDime

Reaction score
GTrob, ill definately keep you all posted on the vehicle I purchase.

I did check out the on3 performance kit but I read a couple reviews people claiming their turbo manifolds eventually crack. Now I understand that isnt all their manifolds and maybe a select few have had the problem. Since I wont be purchasing the kit until early next year anyway ill continue researching. Im still open to on3 ive just seen better reviews for bg. Of course with those better reviews comes a bigger price tag.

Im from east county san diego. El cajon/rancho/santee/lakeside is where I spend most of my time. Being from san diego have you looked on craigslist for mustangs lately? Nothing decent. Very dissapointing. That matte black foxbody in del mar doesnt look bad for 2500 but im not a matte black fan unless its done perfectly.

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Im from east county san diego. El cajon/rancho/santee/lakeside is where I spend most of my time. Being from san diego have you looked on craigslist for mustangs lately? Nothing decent. Very dissapointing. That matte black foxbody in del mar doesnt look bad for 2500 but im not a matte black fan unless its done perfectly.

i searched craigslist for my first mustang.
nothing but old junk and beat up crap for san diego.
you're better off going to a used car dealer or something of that sort.

and im in chula vista. maybe we can catch each other at some meets or car shows if you're down.

itsblue95

Reaction score
welcome! if you werent on the other side of the country id sale you my car. the main reason that a 5.0 block splits is because of the RPMs people are turning at the high amount of hp. also BG has alot better customer service trust me ive talked to both. good luck on your search on finding the right car.

OP
OP
T

TwoDoorDime

Reaction score
ferocious, Im always down to go to a meet or two. Maybe you can cruise over and help me get this fox running. Ill buy the beer!...well if you drink lol.

Itsblue95, thanks man i wish you were local haha. Ive actually noticed most people when they are pushing the limits of these 302's they dont rev as high simply to help keep the block alive longer. I dig that blue.

SO today i bought a foxbody convertable. It was a complete accident and I do NOT plan on keeping the car. Probably just going to yank the 5.0 and trans for a spare. I was at a shop I used to work at and mentioned I wanted to sell my integra for a mustang. My old boss goes "want a foxbody?" im like sure he says "100 bucks its yours". Im now the owner of a red vert fox complete non running. I havent seen the car in person but hell for 100 bucks who cares. I still plan on getting a 94-95 (i look everyday, seriously falling in love with this body style) but atleast now ill have a spare 302 if (or when) I pop the sn's. Ill try and get pics tomorrow if I decide to get it (if its too bad ill just scrap it and get my 100 back). My import friends are very angry at me at this point.

OP
OP
T

TwoDoorDime

Reaction score
Oh might i add that vanilla ice killed any possibility of me putting this 5.0 vert back on the road.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
haha, embrace the ice.

Sweet deal man. And don't worry what your import friends say. do what you wanna do.

OP
OP
T

TwoDoorDime

Reaction score
Well the fox was a complete waste of time. Which i assumed it would be for 100 bucks haha. Im not sure on the year, it was not a four eye though. Also got offered a 95 5.0 automatic (im not big on the auto but ive done a few auto to manual conversions so i kept an open minds) what killed it was it was a convertable. Not bringing either home, THE SEARCH CONTINUES!

bigkeeko

Reaction score
Hows it going? Hondas eh? My last car was a Honda. To be honest it was a seriously underrated car. Always fancied an NSX though.

OP
OP
T

TwoDoorDime

Reaction score
Haha yes hondas. To be fair mine arent stock. My civic used to make 500whp (motor is LONG gone now, going n/a for road racing instead. Still have the turbo set up though) and my integra all though not a lot is just over 200whp (stock is 145 crank) and is set up open track days and CAN be daily driven all though a little uncomfortable to daily due to the suspension. I always wanted an nsx.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alleghenyamerican

Members online