New here! Just picked up a 94 5.0 with some wiring issues

Trevor

Reaction score
Just picked me up a very clean 94 5.0 with only 75k miles on her. Has a short throw shifter, completely stock motor, and 3in catback. It's got some issues, but for $3,900 I couldn't say no lol constantly blowing fuse#8 under the dash and I've had 3 places refuse to even look at it, and one radio/alarm shop looked into it, pulled the radio figured it wasn't the problem then was too afraid to dig any deeper lol no radio, clock, power side mirrors, door chime, dome light, speedo.

Carnitaz

Reaction score
Unhook you're battery and check for exposed wire starting from where the fuse is located unless of course you tried that already but other than that I'd also check for any unused wires that could possibly be shorting each other out while shaking around under the dashboard. If the previous owner had an amplifier that was removed it's possible he/she left the wire connected to the line voltage and then shorting out whenever the live end of the wire whips onto something metal. I'm not an expert but I love messing around with anything electrical.

Sent from my HD1925 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
T

Trevor

Reaction score
Ahh okay, yeah just had someone say to check if the Mach amp is still under the radio or not as well. It does have the Mach system in it, and I know the 2 in the trunk are still there. But I'll start with pulling the radio and checking from there myself lol

OP
OP
T

Trevor

Reaction score
Unhook you're battery and check for exposed wire starting from where the fuse is located unless of course you tried that already but other than that I'd also check for any unused wires that could possibly be shorting each other out while shaking around under the dashboard. If the previous owner had an amplifier that was removed it's possible he/she left the wire connected to the line voltage and then shorting out whenever the live end of the wire whips onto something metal. I'm not an expert but I love messing around with anything electrical.

Wiring is the one main thing that gives me a headache lol I don't think twice about jumping into anything else at all, but when it comes to wiring my head explodes lol might just be because i haven't done it much

waynenorcross

Reaction score

I believe there was a recall for the power driver seat in my '94 Cobra to short out under the seat and blow the fuse.

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Are you able/willing to post pics? For new members we love to see your new baby!
I like the way you wasted no time jumping in to your electrical issues. Enthusiastic? We all can appreciate that. Tons of info on the electrical gremlins. Do a search and then…. We’ll, good luck! You’ll chase those gremlins away, don’t worry!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online