New member and crank no start HELP question

RevJon

Reaction score
Hey all, I have a 2000 GT that will crank but won’t fire. I know there’s a lot of forums about this but specifically my Fuel pump keeps priming consistently even when I turn the switch to on (not ignition). I have replaced the fuel pressure sensor. I’m getting fuel through the bleeder valve. I have no idea what it could be from here unless the ECU went bad? Is it normal for the pump to keep priming and anyone got any ideas of how to fix it?

I find forums like these god sends so glad to join the community!

OP
OP
R

RevJon

Reaction score
Make sure there's spark.
Thanks for the reply. New spark plugs and coils. I’m gonna test fuel pressure today…and maybe compression too. Just hoping someone else has been through this with an easy fix. Is it normal for the fuel pump to keep priming on a return less fuel pump. Maybe the fuel pump driver module?

cobrajeff96

Reaction score
That I don't know, I've only ever had a Mustang with return. But it kind of makes sense, the PWM in a returnless will regulate how much the pump should push at any given second. I don't know that there's a risk of flooding the cylinders as the ECU would be the deciding factor on injectors opening to spray fuel in. You'd think that the ECU would need a steady reading from the crank trigger to even allow this.

Maybe start pulling things like one injector and one plug. Contact the ground strap to bare metal somewhere and see if spark is even happening.

Fuel, air, spark. One (or more) of those three things is missing... and I doubt it's the air part.

OP
OP
R

RevJon

Reaction score
That I don't know, I've only ever had a Mustang with return. But it kind of makes sense, the PWM in a returnless will regulate how much the pump should push at any given second. I don't know that there's a risk of flooding the cylinders as the ECU would be the deciding factor on injectors opening to spray fuel in. You'd think that the ECU would need a steady reading from the crank trigger to even allow this.

Maybe start pulling things like one injector and one plug. Contact the ground strap to bare metal somewhere and see if spark is even happening.

Fuel, air, spark. One (or more) of those three things is missing... and I doubt it's the air part.
Appreciate your thoughts. Some other details: after replacing the timing The car just died while I was driving it down the highway. So I reset the timing again just to be sure. No start with starter fluid in the intake. Fuel pressure is good. I’m at a loss here…

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
you can try borrowing a noid light to see if the injectors are firing, or pull a plug and see if it smells like gas.

cobrajeff96

Reaction score
When you say timing, you mean the cam timing? As in setting the valvetrain to be correctly in time?

And now it's running on the road? What changed since it was in a no-start condition?

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
You say your getting fuel
How much psi at the bleeder
Not enough won't start
No guessing hook up a Guage

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
The fuel pressure rail sensors are garbage! Period! And then youll replace it with aftermarket only to find itll fail internally allowing fuel to dump into the vacuum line....filling the intake manifold up with gas. Pull the vac line off the fprs and cycle the key to be sure no fuel is pushing out the vacuum port.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H.J.Garage

Members online