New SN95 Carbon Fiber Dash Overlay Kit

robb15033

Reaction score
I want one. American Muscle has them in stock now. I am slowly working on the interior of my car. I have a game plan, drawings, and notes. I have done alot but it's far from finished. I look forward to seeing more pictures of finished results from this kit. It also comes brushed aluminum to match bullet pieces.
http://s7d4.scene7.com/is/image/Turn5/16405?$s7product$

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
the carbon fiber stuff yellows over time, FYI.

This only happened when you don't wax or seal the carbon fiber with a quality wax or Sealant.

Any plastic or painted surface is going to discolor with exposure to sunlight.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I considered an overlay at one time but opted just to paint it a gloss black instead and love it. Those pieces always look like such an auto-zone-add-on to me and just kinda cheapen it up wit too many pieces.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
You painted ur dash gloss black with spray paint ?

joekd

Reaction score
I doubt he painted his whole dash, just the pieces the dash kit would go over (center stack, windows switches, etc)

I did the same areas plus my A pillars with a textured black paint just they would have something other then a smooth boring look to them

Untame-d

Reaction score
I put this kit in mine. It looks alright. Fit is off a bit but hardly noticeable. The only thing about mine is it looks like crap on my left and right air vents because of the CF on gray trim. Other then that it mixes good with black dash. I've had nothing but compliments.

LilRoush

Reaction score
From my experience, the overlay CF stuff sucks. The black car has the Steeda version of it. I peeled off alot of the trim. I left what is around the cluster b/c it's still in ok shape and the small door trim overlays.
In the white car, I have the Roush CF dash kit. it's actual trim parts intstead of overlay/two sided tape junk. It's held up MUCH better.
Not the best shot, but I removed the vent trim and the center wrap around junk.

DSC08636.jpg

DSC06118.jpg

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
not the entire dash but all the flat black pieces were painted, center dash, door pulles and the gauge surround. Used a rattle can, also added a green stripe that matches the exterior that goes down the middle, though the custom shift boot and over the shifter. Color sanded with 1500 and 2k grit, cleared over all of it and personally I love it.

here are some pics

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2395420/1994-ford-mustang-gt-coupe-2d/page-5

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
thanks. The green stripe turned out nice as at some angles it is dark enough it just fades into black, but the flat sections facing you stay green. I was suprised how much it cleaned up the interior and just made it look new.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
A lot cheaper to buy some of that 3M CF vinyl and wrap your parts. Plenty of vids on youtube.

Detailing?

OP
OP
robb15033

robb15033

Reaction score
Thanks for all the input. I'll take that into consideration. I have a feeling I'll catch the kit on AM's e-bay site and buy it for a few bucks. I have real Carbon Fiber on the outside of the car and it hasn't faded or changed in anyway with direct intense sun directly on it for a year or two. Part of my interior mods I have done includes a carbon fiber arm rest the vender gave to me in trade. What I have done so far makes the interior unique and i think this kit will fit in nicely. Still low on priority list but we'll see.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online