New time after 75 shot

Wild Horses

Reaction score
Went out to the track last night for the first time with the new nitrous kit.
It was very humid and about 85 degrees. Maryland intl raceway. Right at about sea level.

02 Gt CONVERTIBLE 2V. CAI, 90mm LMAF, 78mm BBK Throttle intake, MAC catless prochamber, straight pipe after..., UDPs, DRY 75 shot of N2O. Nitrous Tune.

Before re nitrous and UDPs on a race tune and ideal weather my best time was 13.80@102 w/2.2 60's
Wasnt very impressed with that.

Last night in the humidity my best run was 13.20 @106. And my 60' went down to 2.ohs Still not very impressed. How does it sound to you guys? Shouldn't that 75hp have taken a little more off? My launches are on point. You think if I added headers and 373 gears I could get into the mid to higher 12s in good weather...

I raced a 12 sec mopar on the street last week and he barely pulled a fender on me. I really think the humidity was messing me up.

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
Headers can't hurt. Longtubes would be best But shorties are still better than stock.
And while the prochamber may sound the best, it probably isn't the best flowing

OP
OP
Wild Horses

Wild Horses

Reaction score
What about tires? Your 60' could be better.

18s in the rear and I had my skinnies up front. The tires are 285/35ZR18 Pirelli PZero Rosso @20psi They're also kinda short.. 26"...
I was surprised how well they hooked. A 2.0 60' isn't bad for factory 327s I thought.. My 410s in the 98 coupe did 1.7s

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I have heard that if you have too big of a TB that it can hurt your times a bit and I can't help but think a 78mm tb for a car with UDP's and a 75 shot is a little big?

OP
OP
Wild Horses

Wild Horses

Reaction score
I have heard that if you have too big of a TB that it can hurt your times a bit and I can't help but think a 78mm tb for a car with UDP's and a 75 shot is a little big?

I agree. But when I went from factory TB to the BBK78 it was a Power gain I could FEEL. And I mean way up through the power curve. The low end was taken away from a bit. My plan was just to compensate with the gears.

IVE ALSO GOT THE 24* injectors. Forgot to mention. I think they are the only thing allowing me to safely run a dry 75.

OP
OP
Wild Horses

Wild Horses

Reaction score
The gears and it being a vert are what's hurting your times.

Weighed in a 3535 w me in it. Lol. She's a fat ass. I'm only 185.

But yea, a diet 373s, HD clutch and 275/50 drag radials are my next buy. Should see 12.50s. I've got an aluminum DS on its way also. Need a cage to stiffen her up soon too.

Im gonna have the unassuming little 2v vert that spanks all kinds of stuff before that 4v gets dropped in.