New Track Times!

Late4Work

Reaction score
Yeah....need some drag slicks and better shiftin......u have a short throw??

OP
OP
M

MustangMatt96GT

Reaction score
Yeah I have a short throw! lol I know that 3rd gear shift was horrible! lol I really never miss shifts too! And when I do its because my foot is quicker than my hand! and I did that 3rd to 4th shift really quick, I just bounced it off the limiter on acciendent so it sounded bad! lol I dont think a 16.5 is to bad for my performance and the added weight! lol

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
MustangMatt96GT said:
Yeah I have a short throw! lol I know that 3rd gear shift was horrible! lol I really never miss shifts too! And when I do its because my foot is quicker than my hand! and I did that 3rd to 4th shift really quick, I just bounced it off the limiter on acciendent so it sounded bad! lol I dont think a 16.5 is to bad for my performance and the added weight! lol
uh oh, you called your sister fat. you better not let her see that. :hammer:

LI98GT

Reaction score
Yeah definately time in the 60' for sure. First, I think 21 is a bit too low for rear pressure. I would start with 28lbs and drop a little at at time, but 28 is the consenus around here for street tires. I had my best starts when holding the revs between 2krpm and 2.5krpm and feathering the clutch. I was able to get 60' times in the 2.1 range and know I can do even better. Try and change just one thing at a time to see if the (single) change is for the better or not and how much.

OP
OP
M

MustangMatt96GT

Reaction score
Yeah I have run 28 PSI 25 PSI and 21 PSI and have had the best luck with the 21 but I will try the 28 again

OP
OP
M

MustangMatt96GT

Reaction score
Well everybody can get the driver mod! lol

Actually I wish I was a much better driver, but I think I am the best driver out of my friends! lol

Fryrice

Reaction score
MustangMatt96GT said:
but I think I am the best driver out of my friends! lol

Hey ,your one legged buddy Steve doesn't count ! :rollinglaugh:

Fryrice

Reaction score
Matt,you outta let your sister take it down the track one time. :)

OP
OP
M

MustangMatt96GT

Reaction score
well if she could drive stick! lol but she does plan on taking her car down the track next time I am there! lol

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
white92 said:
wow that is slow

Dude, thats great if you want to be a part of this forum but dont come here and hate on people.

The car your taking about runs low 13s now at 5800 feet...so your completely gutted, swapped, turbo, basically race car ran a whopping .1-.2 quicker than his car did at 5800 feet...he would rape you at your track level.

You think we couldnt tear apart your multi colored honda in a second?

I respect the work you put into your car but why not throw some paint on it and some decent looking rims

WarHorse

Reaction score
Why would a honda join a mustang forum?

Nice runs man get some drag radials.

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
WarHorse said:
Why would a honda join a mustang forum?

Nice runs man get some drag radials.

ive wondered about that...but a lot of other forums other than this one seem to have members with other cars...like 3.8forums, I swear half the cars on that site arent even 3.8s

thats fine if he likes stangs but why join and hate on our cars?

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
white92 said:
Not hating, just my opinion

opinion or not, posting "that is slow" is negative and is stupid anyway since those times are old as shit and at bandimere

As I mentioned earlier, his car at a normal track the way it is now would probably run low 12s.

1996slowstang

Reaction score
justinschmidt1 said:
white92 said:
Not hating, just my opinion

opinion or not, posting "that is slow" is negative and is stupid anyway since those times are old as shit and at bandimere

As I mentioned earlier, his car at a normal track the way it is now would probably run low 12s.
I thought you said in another post that my car would only gain a couple tenth's or so how's this guy with the mustang going to gain a full second?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online