New Track Times!

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
1996slowstang said:
justinschmidt1 said:
white92 said:
Not hating, just my opinion

opinion or not, posting "that is slow" is negative and is stupid anyway since those times are old as shit and at bandimere

As I mentioned earlier, his car at a normal track the way it is now would probably run low 12s.
I thought you said in another post that my car would only gain a couple tenth's or so how's this guy with the mustang going to gain a full second?

I guess your not familiar with bandimere....

its on the side of a mountain in colorado, 5800 feet, but the DA is usually somewhere over 10,000 feet...depending on weather it can be up around 12k,13k...

so yes, it could be possible for his car to pick up a full second at sea level..

I have no idea how much he would really gain...but Im assuming he could knock down his 60 foot with all the extra power and his suspension and his car would flat out make a ton more power I bet.

I dont know exactly but I would imagine atleast .5-.75 if not a full second

white92

Reaction score
my car is not a race car its a street car . that 12.9@112mph was the first time at the track with this car so ya it was slow like your's it was on street tires 7 year old dryrotted tires lol
2000lbs lol no i wish

let's see 4.6 heads , cams , bolt on , boost and god knows what Else and you get a
Times: 12.8@ 113 2.1 60 in heat and on street tires,
12.7 in cold, street tires, no traction i see a bunch of excuses lol

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
white92 said:
my car is not a race car its a street car . that 12.9@112mph was the first time at the track with this car so ya it was slow like your's it was on street tires 7 year old dryrotted tires lol
2000lbs lol no i wish

let's see 4.6 heads , cams , bolt on , boost and god knows what Else and you get a
Times: 12.8@ 113 2.1 60 in heat and on street tires,
12.7 in cold, street tires, no traction i see a bunch of excuses lol

lol @ your attempt for a comeback.
I never claimed to be fast...but im also not running my mouth saying cars are slow like you are.
Wow, you actually would drive that multicolored piece of shit on the street?...I feel bad for you.
So how much does your honda weigh there smart guy?
Stock curb weights for 92 hatches range from like 2100-2300 pounds, even if your anywhere near the stock weight you have a very light car.

Face it, youve completely overhauled that car and its still slow.

You have a SWAPPED ENGINE AND A TURBO SETUP!.

If I swapped an engine into my car and a turbo setup you better believe I would have a car capable of 9 second 1/4 miles.

I dont know where you pulled any of that BS out of your ass but my car has the stock 215 hp 4.6 NPI that it rolled off the floor with in 1996 with 118,000 miles on it.

The only part of my engine that is not stock in 96 is the Pi intake, which is a stock 99-04 mustang part anyway...so technically my engine is 100% factory ford.

So a more accurate thing to say would be your NPI engine with worthless bolt ons + a pi intake and boost ran these times.

Your saying im using excuses yet you say the same thing about being on street tires...only differance is your honda wouldnt do any better on slicks anyway cause you would break your axles if you launch hard.

The fact is with slicks, slight weight reduction, no sway bar, a little bit of transmission tuning, my daily driven, STOCK engine mustang could run low 12s/ high 11s.

And even on street tires, spinning half way down the track my car still ran like .3 faster...12.71> your 12.98.
Oh yeah, and it loooks and sounds 1000x better than your honda

FWIW, If I actually had heads/cams like you said I would probably make another 125 hp at the wheels with the same boost.

1996slowstang

Reaction score
Dont even try this guy knows everything about your car and drag slicks are no better than street tires

white92

Reaction score
"Face it, youve completely overhauled that car and its still slow". yes i did
"You have a SWAPPED ENGINE AND A TURBO SETUP" 1.8 stock from oil pan to valve cover
"The only part of my engine that is not stock in 96 is the Pi intake, which is a stock 99-04 mustang part anyway...so technically my engine is 100% factory ford". my motor is 100% Honda stock from oil pan to valve cover
"So a more accurate thing to say would be your NPI engine with worthless bolt ons + a pi intake and boost ran these times." you say worthless bolt on's then why do them then ?
"Your saying I'm using excuses yet you say the same thing about being on street tires...only difference is your Honda wouldn't do any better on slicks anyway cause you would break your axles if you launch hard."
YOU DONE FELL AND BUMP YOUR HEAD
"The fact is with slicks, slight weight reduction, no sway bar, a little bit of transmission tuning, my daily driven, STOCK
engine mustang could run low 12s/ high 11s" slicks+more boost and I'm there
"And even on street tires, spinning half way down the track my car still ran like .3 faster...12.71> your 12.98.
Oh yeah, and it looks and sounds 1000x better than your Honda" fwd or rwd lets see who has more spinning issues yes you car looks better than my Honda i give you that but for the cash you have in your car it should look/sound better then my Honda . " i bet you still live with mommy and daddy"

"FWIW, If I actually had heads/cams like you said I would probably make another 125 hp at the wheels with the same boost" sorry i thought you had pi head's and cams

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
white92 said:
"Face it, youve completely overhauled that car and its still slow". yes i did
"You have a SWAPPED ENGINE AND A TURBO SETUP" 1.8 stock from oil pan to valve cover
"The only part of my engine that is not stock in 96 is the Pi intake, which is a stock 99-04 mustang part anyway...so technically my engine is 100% factory ford". my motor is 100% Honda stock from oil pan to valve cover
"So a more accurate thing to say would be your NPI engine with worthless bolt ons + a pi intake and boost ran these times." you say worthless bolt on's then why do them then ?
"Your saying I'm using excuses yet you say the same thing about being on street tires...only difference is your Honda wouldn't do any better on slicks anyway cause you would break your axles if you launch hard."
YOU DONE FELL AND BUMP YOUR HEAD
"The fact is with slicks, slight weight reduction, no sway bar, a little bit of transmission tuning, my daily driven, STOCK
engine mustang could run low 12s/ high 11s" slicks+more boost and I'm there
"And even on street tires, spinning half way down the track my car still ran like .3 faster...12.71> your 12.98.
Oh yeah, and it looks and sounds 1000x better than your Honda" fwd or rwd lets see who has more spinning issues yes you car looks better than my Honda i give you that but for the cash you have in your car it should look/sound better then my Honda . " i bet you still live with mommy and daddy"

"FWIW, If I actually had heads/cams like you said I would probably make another 125 hp at the wheels with the same boost" sorry i thought you had pi head's and cams

Even if it is 100% honda, its still swapped.

I could throw a 5.4 4v gt500 engine in my car and say its factory ford. That doesnt change the fact that I could make 1000 rwhp with a turbo setup and that stock motor.

How have I fell and bumped my head?

I have tons of friends with hatches that are fast...with slicks, they break stock axles like tooth picks
You trying to say they dont?

Um, 30 degree weather, 18 inch street tires, slammed, 3500 stall.....trust me, I was getting absolutely no traction....I dont know how traction was for you but Im sure it was comparable.

Im still NPI heads and NPI cams

Im in college...mommy and daddy dont live together anyway......I paid for the car and every thing you see on it.

I work hard and was makin 600-700 a week last summer detailing..

Bolt ons on a NPI GT are pointless, theyre just something to keep me occupied.

All I really have as far as bolt ons is exhaust and a tb/plenum combo anyway.

Im not out to beat everyone at the track....its my DD and is just s play toy

white92

Reaction score
I have tons of friends with hatches that are fast...with slicks, they break stock axles like tooth picks
You trying to say they don't? if you know how to drive that wont happan . sound to me like your friends need a driver mod .

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
Explain.

How do you launch on slicks without breaking axles?

You saying to slip the clutch instead of dumping it or what?

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
White 92, you swapped engines, added a turbo, your car is still slow. Period. My POS vert runs as hard as your little tinker toy with some heads, a cam and converter. It's a friggen summertime cruiser, not a rocket car, and it's still as fast as your little Honda.

Honda-tech is calling you, e-racing is retarded.

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
lol...

that was my main point

swapping engines and a turbo kit is a bit more serious than bolt ons and a blower

The turbo kit itself is about 5x as complicated to install and tune than a supercharger

white92

Reaction score
Explain.
How do you launch on slicks without breaking axles? preload the drive train

White 92, you swapped engines, added a turbo, your car is still slow. Period. My POS vert runs as hard as your little tinker toy with some heads, a cam and converter. It's a friggen summertime cruiser, not a rocket car, and it's still as fast as your little Honda. let's see some time slip's if it dose post them up

Honda-tech is calling you, e-racing is retarded.  how much money do you have in your car ? and my car has a lot more left in is it sits and yes e- racing is retarded but who is e- racing? not is not me

lol...

that was my main point

swapping engines and a turbo kit is a bit more serious than bolt ons and a blower 
yes man your right swaping the motor out is so hard let my tell you lol doing the turbo set up is hard to man i don't know how i did it dam its just so hard lol right right

justinschmidt1 -  how much money do you have in you car to run a 12.7 ?
J.R. - same question to  you
i will give you a price that i have in my car so you can try to under shoot it better then that i will post up a link of parts list + the price of the car http://fairmontstreets.freeforums.org/my-budget-build-t519.html?hilit=my%20build
and for you lazy people this is what the link says my car
my car
white 1992 honda civic cx....$100.00

turbo t3to4e - \
intercooler cca \
charge pipes \
clamps \
couplers \
flue pump wallbro 255 \ $1,775.00
inj .. rc 750cc /
oil lines and fittings /
manifold /
wastegate /
down pipe /
dump tube /

1995 Acura Integra gsr car $1.400.00

total is $3.775 i bet both of you have more then that just it your car alone not adding you mods

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
Theres one main problem with even beggining to compare costs.

You bought a 100 dollar civic knowing you were gonna swap an engine in it.

I didnt go out and look for a 100 dollar rolling mustang and buy a 1500 dollar engine to put in it.

I bought a daily driver.

Lets just say you have 3775 in mods to make your car as fast as it is.

Do you really think I couldnt go out and find a an 87-98 mustang and make it run 13.0?

I could go buy a 1500 dollar fox body, strip it, throw some slicks, 4.10s, maybe even cobra upper/lower, a cam, and a nitrous kit on it for less than 3775 and have a car that capable of 11s

Theres a million differant ways too go fast and if your buying a car specifically to go fast, you can do it very cheap.

If it makes you feel better, yes I have more than 4k invested in my car. But its also worth ever penny more I have in it than that honda you have.

Preloading would definately take some stress off the drivetrain

Besides, I dont believe you got all that stuff that cheap.

Used regular 95 integras with like 150k are worth 5k...those cars hold value very well...how could you get a GSR for 1500?

WarHorse

Reaction score
well i suppose we could all sell our cars, buy 100 dollar peice o crap rolling chassies, swap a 5.0 with a set of GT40 P heads, intake, E Cam, 4.56 gears and call it a day at -2000.

Put as much money as you want into that POS, its never runnin faster than a modded V8. better yet get a v8, add the same amount of boost as your POS honda has, drive both, and see which one you like best. i guarantee you'll leave the darkside forever. Come into the light...dont be scared.

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
WarHorse said:
well i suppose we could all sell our cars, buy 100 dollar peice o crap rolling chassies, swap a 5.0 with a set of GT40 P heads, intake, E Cam, 4.56 gears and call it a day at -2000.

Put as much money as you want into that POS, its never runnin faster than a modded V8. better yet get a v8, add the same amount of boost as your POS honda has, drive both, and see which one you like best. i guarantee you'll leave the darkside forever. Come into the light...dont be scared.

lol....+1

Its ok, people that Mod hondas generally do it becuase its cheap as hell to buy a honda, swap and engine and a turbo kit and run fast times.....but it still leaves them with a car that is only good for going fast at the drag strip.

What I dont understand is why they think it would cost any more moeny to buy a fox body 5.0 and run 11s.

It is funny cause once they come to the dark side they never go back

white92

Reaction score
justinschmidt1 said:
WarHorse said:

lol....+1

Its ok, people that Mod hondas generally do it becuase its cheap as hell to buy a honda, swap and engine and a turbo kit and run fast times.....but it still leaves them with a car that is only good for going fast at the drag strip.

What I dont understand is why they think it would cost any more moeny to buy a fox body 5.0 and run 11s.

It is funny cause once they come to the dark side they never go back

don't talk about it be about it i always here people say that they can do this and do that but they don't

but it still leaves them with a car that is only good for going fast at the drag strip. what do you mean ? are you saying that my don't handle ? or i can't go and run a 150+mph or i can't drive it daily?
?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online