New Wheel Setup? What's Stretch?

HuskerGT

Reaction score
Damn that look nice. Looks like a completely different car without the front lip & rear wang...

What did you do with your old setup?

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Super mexiflush.

Weren't satisfied with the previous 18s? I'm curious as to why you changed setups so quickly as well.

OP
OP
sleepn_sn95

sleepn_sn95

Reaction score
Haha thanks guys. I didnt really do it. My buddy and I were bored and he wanted to see if a meaty tire would fit on his rear

My wheels on his car

How it normally looks

BMAC96GT

Reaction score
My comment was more directed at the slammed/wingless/lipless look than the wheel setup. I love your car like that cause its so simple and clean. Still trying to get used to the big wing thing. Either wheel setup looks good though.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
definitely looks good man and hey cool I am just about to finish a deal for the exact same size and been wondering what it looks like. Do you know the offsets on them?

Witzy0070

Reaction score
People will probably think I am stupid for asking this, but is it safe to have the tires mounted like that on the wheels?

slow90coupe

Reaction score
People will probably think I am stupid for asking this, but is it safe to have the tires mounted like that on the wheels?

Ehhh honestly not really. Those look like they're on the verge of being stretched so far that they debead occasionally. Not to mention when they debead, it's a royal PITA to get the bead to seat again. But it looks so good that it's almost worth it.

Caboose302

Reaction score
Wheels look good. 19s look good. But am I the only one here who absolutely hates the stretched tire look? I just can't get into it.

MTB'94

Reaction score
Looks good but whoa buddy I'm glad I wasn't having to mount those jewels!

DavidBoren

Reaction score
If you are into performance, not dress up, then you absolutely want the widest rim possible for your tire size. Contact the tire manufmanufacturer, and see what the widest rim they recommend for the size of tire you want. The rim should be wider than the contact patch, to minimize distortion under load.

Those particular tires look to be stretched past optimum, though. There is a fine line between the right amount of stretch for perfect contact patch, and ricer/hella-slammed/uber-camber-g@y.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online