Newbie and have alot of questions

sn97gtnyg

Reaction score
Ho k so,

alright i just bought a 97gt as my first car. Its got magnaflow exhaust, coil pack, CAI and a short shifter. Im not happy with the clutch since i just got it replaced and it broke again but thats besides the point. Ok so but what really dissapoints me is the performance. I get smoked by z28's and that doesnt make me happy. I want to get into the low 14 high 13's.......how can i achive this and still have it be my daily driver? also when i lft up that plastice peice around the boot and i look at the tranny i can see the road how do i insolate that so its not so noisy???? thanks a bunch!

nesqwick_05

Reaction score
pi swap and gears will get you solid 13s :bunny3:. and dont forget the driver mod

Willis_98GT

Reaction score
your gear selection should be based on what you plan to do down the road (fi/n20/etc)

i'm going to put 3.73s in mine soon. but if your going to stay more motor i'd do 4.10s in yours. or maybe even higher. you'd rape z28s from the dig if you had silcks with 4.10s i'm sure...

a pi swap can run you anywhere from 250$ to 1000$ depending on if you do your own work or if you like junkyards...

uh pi swap consists of the 99+ cylinder heads and cams and intake. the heads flow more air. and the goal is to get as much air in as out...

if anyone has anything to add please let me know, i'm still noobin too. lol

DS002

Reaction score
What year Z28's are we talking? Some you can beat by doing basic upgrades, others you're going to have to do some serious modifications to even keep up with.

ui_cowboy

Reaction score
Do the heads, cams, ect from a 99+ swap directly over? i have a 96 GT would it matter what year I got for PI mods?

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
You can buy a new PI swap from Parkway Performance on ebay for @ $1350 shipped with all new parts and every nut and bolt. If you are not mechanical and dont have tools etc it will generally cost you around $1000 for installion at a shop.

add some gears (4.10) and other bolt ons will get you in the low 13's easy.

Or you can add a Supercharger and get over 300hp the fast way.

S

scarface

what they said, and you need a new inner dust boot for your shifter.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hazel113

Members online