Newer seats?

Dr.Scientist

Reaction score
Hi all. I didn't see a forum dedicated to interior so I guess I'll just stick this thread in here. What I would like to know is, would it be possible to get seats out of a newer stang for my 94 GT? My 1994 GT hardtop (if that matters) has black leather seats. But, the seats are from 1994. They could stand to be recovered or replaced. However, it might be pretty cool if I could get the seats out of say... a wrecked 2009 model or something. Would the newer generation seats work in our cars? I realize it may take a little fabrication, but could they ever be made to fit? Or are they simply too wide?

If they won't fit, is there any reason I can't just use some seats out of an '04 or something?

badass96gt

Reaction score
94-04 seats are a direct fit. Seats out of 05+ will work with minor mods. If you do a search on here for "S197 seats" you will find a couple wirte ups.

OP
OP
D

Dr.Scientist

Reaction score
Ok thanks man. I wasn't sure if the newer cars were wider than ours. I guess you can only go so wide by law so probably not.

EDIT: Looked around for the thread you mentioned but for some reason I can't seemed to find it. Maybe my search skillz just suck. Do you think you might have a link?