Power seat question

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Driver side power seat doesn’t budge. Stuck all the way back. I can’t get to, nonetheless FIND, the rear bolts.

All fuses are good. Rear bolts are NOT right under the covers.

Anyone know WHERE the 2 rear bolts are ?? Or if the power seat can be moved without power?

Thanks!!

joemomma

Reaction score
1692043986701.png
EDIT: may be hard to see if the seat is all the way back.

95opal

Reaction score
Roughly 14 inches back from the front studs. Reach your hand under from the back youll feel them.

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Tried that. No luck. Mine has really different bolt covers. Very hard to even remove.

Is there a way to move it forward without power? So I can get to the bolts??

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    211.6 KB · Views: 11
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    152.6 KB · Views: 13
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 11

badass98svt

Reaction score
You can feel, and see them from under the car as well

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Attempting to show how the outboard bolt cover is one solid piece of plastic. It wraps around the front then the back. I have no clue how to get it off!
But I’ve tried!!

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Sometimes it is just the switch that has a broken contact. If you take it apart and this was the case you could see it and jump the connection to move it.

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Did you look from under the car?
Huh? Didn’t know that was an option, but I will now.

on edit: Oh, Hells Bells!! I bet that’s it. My subframe connectors are the “bolt to the seat” kind that I installed 3-4 years ago. They were the bolt-in style that I eventually had welded in. Hope I can still get th the bolt nuts.

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Sometimes it is just the switch that has a broken contact. If you take it apart and this was the case you could see it and jump the connection to move it.
Yeah…. that cover is a submitch! Even with plastic tools feels like it’s going to snap with any moderate amount of torque on it. Hesitant to try again, so hoping that’s not it, right?! ;-)

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Did you look from under the car?
Oh hell! Thanks, badass. That reminded me that I put full length bolt-in subframe connectors on it shortly after I bought it. Then had them welded in. They’re the kind that the seat bolts to. So damn, son, you nailed it! I’ll get my sorry self under the car after physical therapy this morning! You should see me getting down and then back up with a left total shoulder replacement. Quite comical hoisting my sorry old broken down body down and up again over and over. Man I wish I had a lift!

Thanks a ton, badass once again! Cheers!

cobrajeff96

Reaction score
The fore aft mechanism is nothing more than a worm gear and threaded rod. If you can see the rod from beneath, and the head of it might be some kind of attachement like a hex or a slit for a common/phillips interface, maybe. Just guessing. You'd think there'd be some provision to manually move a powered seat in the event of a motor failure.

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
The fore aft mechanism is nothing more than a worm gear and threaded rod. If you can see the rod from beneath, and the head of it might be some kind of attachement like a hex or a slit for a common/phillips interface, maybe. Just guessing. You'd think there'd be some provision to manually move a powered seat in the event of a motor failure.
You’d think! But I guess you can’t expect the Ford engineers to cover EVERY possible outcome. Oh well…
:)
I do happen to have a new vertical motor so if I have to do a new horizontal motor (fore and aft), I’ll try to do both because Murphys Law, the vertical will break after I redo the horizontal!

badass98svt

Reaction score
Vertical? I've never heard of that one wearing out. The horizontal goes quite often though

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Vertical? I've never heard of that one wearing out. The horizontal goes quite often though
Yeah, I ordered them both at the same time. Again, trying to nip ol’ Mr. Murphy in the bud

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
FOUND ‘EM!!! The two rear bolts. 15mm phalanged nuts actually; but can’t get anything on ito back them out.

Any suggestions ?

on edit: I even tried using a bottle jack to push the rear bolts up from underneath. Then I saw the flat nut on it and realized it wasn’t going to work out.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Nobody?! Buehler? Buehler? Frye??

cobrajeff96

Reaction score
Old school way: wrench or maybe the ratcheting wrench. You're talking about from inside the car?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online

No members online now.