Offical COBRA thread

Mystic SVT

Reaction score
^^^Yup, its an '03 IRS. Im getting ready to swap in my 0 mile 4.10 geared differential along with new diff bushings from Full Tilt Boogie Racing, Billetflow differential brace, and rebuild the knuckles with new bearings so I can have peace of mind.

ba#97

Reaction score
how hard was it to get everything for your setup suspension wise mystic? what springs and shocks are you running? i'll have my 95 cobra on here as soon as i get home from this deployment and get her cleaned up.

ba#97

Reaction score
still need to get home from my deployment so i can wash the 95 and get some mods on it. then i will get some better pics on here for you guys but for now here's 2 of the 95 Cobra from the cell phone.
IMAG0346.jpg

1291762640092.jpg

miss this thing soo much! next mods are maximum motorsports coilovers (unless a different setup is recommended) and some enkei rpf1's! 2 sets. one with street tires and one with hankook race slicks for autox. so gfar all it has is HAWK hp+ brake pads. will be getting stainless steel lines on all 4 corners. brake pads are loud as hell but stop so damn good!

NCMystic

Reaction score
"repainted the affected body parts using house of kolorz green-purple mystic paint. About a yr later a deer tried to commit suicide by jumping out in front of my car! Ruined my hood, header panel, pass side lights, pass side fender, and air bags. Decided to just go ahead and repaint it using the factory BASF mystic paint."

that's what confused me, i forgot the second bit. did you photoshop those photos at all or use any light source other than sun? you car has very different tones than any other mystic i've seen. also what color primer did you use, how many coats of mystic and clear? hope i'm not getting on your nerves, it is just interesting to me

Mystic SVT

Reaction score
ba#97 said:
how hard was it to get everything for your setup suspension wise mystic? what springs and shocks are you running? i'll have my 95 cobra on here as soon as i get home from this deployment and get her cleaned up.

The hardest part was making new hard lines for the rear brakes to mimic the lines on 99-04 cars. As far as shocks/springs I'm running eibach sportlines in the front with lower iso removed, urethane bushings, KYB adjustable struts. For the rear I have eibach pro-kits with the lower iso removed and 03 bilstein shocks.

NC_Mystic said:
that's what confused me, i forgot the second bit. did you photoshop those photos at all or use any light source other than sun? you car has very different tones than any other mystic i've seen. also what color primer did you use, how many coats of mystic and clear? hope i'm not getting on your nerves, it is just interesting to me

The pictures were edited just a little to clean them up. The color flop is exactly the same as before when it was still wearing the original paint except for now its a "stronger" flop, I don't know if that makes sense. As far as primer, you have to use a black base to shoot the mystic onto, this is per BASF. The black base also helps the paint have better coverage; when the first coat was applied it had complete coverage. You could not see any of the black base whatsoever, my painter went ahead and applied a second coat followed by a light third coat. The clear coat was applied in 3 heavy coats, I can't remember the amount of "dry time" between them.

NCMystic

Reaction score
mine was painted in the exact same process. black primer, 3-4 coats of mystic and 3 clear i believe. i wonder if i should get another coat of clear put on it in a few years. . .

and i know exactly what you mean about the stronger "flop". it's very noticable, compared to the paint prior and to other mystics i've seen in person.

Bianner

Reaction score
Mystic SVT said:

pure sexyness! whats your exhaust set up i like how your pipes go under the gas tank. how's the clearence when driving with the pipes like that?

Mystic SVT

Reaction score
Bianner said:
Mystic SVT said:

pure sexyness! whats your exhaust set up i like how your pipes go under the gas tank. how's the clearence when driving with the pipes like that?

They actually don't go under the gas tank. The car has an IRS from an 03 cobra and the exhaust is SLP tailpipes and tips with bassani mufflers. I have yet to scrape or hit the exhaust on the ground. Looks like it would hit the ground but it hasn't happened...yet.

ba#97

Reaction score
The hardest part was making new hard lines for the rear brakes to mimic the lines on 99-04 cars. As far as shocks/springs I'm running eibach sportlines in the front with lower iso removed, urethane bushings, KYB adjustable struts. For the rear I have eibach pro-kits with the lower iso removed and 03 bilstein shocks.

How good is this setup handling wise? would it be worth it for autox and track days? That's what i'm worried about with my car.

NCMystic

Reaction score
Griggs and maxiumum motorsports, if you plan to turn yours into a track day autox car.

JDwhite98gt

Reaction score
ba#97 said:

How good is this setup handling wise? would it be worth it for autox and track days? That's what i'm worried about with my car.
You are going to invest a great deal of money to beef up an IRS to get it "Track Worthy" with MINIMAL gains over a live axle/torque arm/Panhard setup or watts link setup. You can save money by going with those and still have more than enough grip for the competion u will be doing.

ba#97

Reaction score
yeah....i was looking into getting maximum motorsports coilovers on it. that's probably the first mod i'm going for. random question....i want to put enkei rpf1's on it....the 17x9.5's have an offset of 18.....would these fit on front and back of my 95 cobra? don't know too much about what makes an offset fit or not.

Knuckles@Empire

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
not the best shots sorry pimpins, cars in the final stages of building.

GEDC0104.jpg

GEDC0096.jpg

GEDC0097.jpg

GEDC0105.jpg

hoods getting airbrushed its a cobra r hood will post a pic as soon as i get it back next tuesday. Heres a shot of the motor out with the F-2m

DSC00992.jpg

these are from when i had my 95 and 96, i sold the 95 to my best friend so i get to see it all the time. Doing a turbo kit on his.

IMG_0640.jpg

IMG_0631.jpg

the hood is still primer lol it goes back to when i lived in chicago and an unfortunate nitrous incident :bootyshake:

Mystic SVT

Reaction score
Not a turbo, its a proocharger F2...going to make some serious power! The MMR intake looks great!

Knuckles@Empire

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
Thanks Mystic, and yeh i hope to make some power. Im a sick individual that im looking into a the mmr 360 cube mod motor and thinking about running an f 4 lol

NCMystic

Reaction score
that looks sharp steve oh, are they 18's front and rear? center caps would really finish them off.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online