PI intake manifold

Mongoose kit SQ trim

boost pipe

smaller pulley

paxton a/a intercooler

blower cams

dyno tune

???

Well scarface has around 380 on his novi blower and I think he has cams with his set-up, you have a automatic so its going to hurt you some. Let me tell you this, my 98GT had full boltons ( Longtubes , hpipe, flowmasters / BBK coldair, 80massair, 70Tb, C&L upper elbow/ Pulleys / Dyno tune with Diablo software on the dyno ) I got the PI intake swap kit from Livernois motorsports and with my aode and 4:10 rear it made 238rwhp after the tune. So if you take that and figure in whatever % gain for the forced induction lets say you get a rwhp gain of 50% that would put you at 119 additional rwhp with the Vortech so you would be in the neighborhood of 357rwhp. I think what my car did is very close to what yours would do n/a so depending on what pulley you run on your blower will be the bottom line in what your final numbers are. Are you running 8 pounds of boost?

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
Wow, our motors suck! What was ford thinking with the 2 valve! haha all that money and what not only making around 240hp? Makes me want to sell mine for a Cobra ha

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Fets said:
Wow, our motors suck! What was ford thinking with the 2 valve! haha all that money and what not only making around 240hp? Makes me want to sell mine for a Cobra ha

Yea I put quite a bit of cash in it :-\ and yes it only did 238rwhp but it was A AUTOMATIC. So if it had been a manual I would have been around 250rwhp or so. Anyway the stock non PI heads and cams were restricting all that extra air flow I had gained by adding all those parts. My original plan was to add a blower on,..........but I got side tracked with a complete motor that wound up at my speed shop. It had forged pistons, rods, 278 extreme energy comp cams, stage 2 PI heads and 30lb injectors. I had bought the package and it was in mid installation when I got a offer on the car/motor and all ;D ;D. Needless to say I sold it and got the Cobra I'm in now :khobra: :khobra:

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
well besides my full bolt ons

I'm planning on running no more than 10lbs

keep in mind im going to i/c it with some custom grind blower cams too

jpajkos

Reaction score
It doesn't matter wether you have a 4v or 2v. Both motors require alot of money to mod. Cams for a 2v you can get pretty cheap compaired to at least spending 1000 bucks on cams for a 4v not to mention the install is not easy. So either way your screwed.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
jpajkos said:
It doesn't matter wether you have a 4v or 2v. Both motors require alot of money to mod. Cams for a 2v you can get pretty cheap compaired to at least spending 1000 bucks on cams for a 4v not to mention the install is not easy. So either way your screwed.

it does require a lot to mod them.......but a 4 valve will yeild larger hp returns for those mods 8)

S

scarface

all this talk about me on this thread and Im not even subsribed :)

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
scarface said:
all this talk about me on this thread and Im not even subsribed :)

you are just tooooooooooo cool so we have to include you on every thread 8)

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
scarface has 4 houses, 4 kids, 4 cars, and 4 wives....what a life

jpajkos

Reaction score
Both motors acheive good numbers and respond well to mod's such and h/c/i. Point being that like I said don't matter if you have a 4v or 2v. Both motors will make you become broke. Good luck with your blower and p.i .intake. Im sure you will have alot of fun with it.

S

scarface

HAHA^^^^^ correction 2 houses, 4 cars, 4 kids, and ONE wife!

dutman98

Reaction score
I wanted to get a mach last summer...... but I found my 98 for CHEAP :dancing6: no car payments means you can put more money into your mods. It would be awesome to have a 96-98 that could beat a cobra.

jpajkos

Reaction score
Try to save up alittle more money to drop cams in it along with your supercharger. I hear that the NPI Crower Blower cams are great. That way you can rev it up longer and expand your power band. Blowers love wider power bands. Just a thought.

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
haha man do we think alike...already going to do that

first im going to just install the SQ trim with boost pipe and mini race

then im going to save up for a Paxton a/a intercooler, some blower cams, and drop the pulley a size or 2 because i should lose some lbs cuz of this!!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chasingomas

Members online