OMG What a pain in the ARSE!

ripper

Reaction score
I will never buy a friggin yeller mustang evr ever ever again. You wash it and the black vinyl runs all over the frigiin thing, You wax it you cant see the damn wax. I started at 8:30 am Its 2pm and im just about finished. I did my red one yesterday and it took me half the time. If it wasn't all stock original and in mint condition id paint the friggin thing.

OK im done LOL. Roger Wilco over and out

S

scarface

man that sux...I wouldnt buy a yellow one cause I dont want to drive a banana :)

OP
OP
R

ripper

Reaction score
LOL :banana: Its the wifes i dont drive it.

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
im painting mine black there should be no reason i cant see the wax :dancing6: :banana:

OP
OP
R

ripper

Reaction score
Ya got me. When i wash it i get black runs down the side from anywere there is vynl. Its like the vynl is disolving. Sucks big time.

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
Stevo said:
Ya got me. When i wash it i get black runs down the side from anywere there is vynl. Its like the vynl is disolving. Sucks big time.

??? what are you washing it with?? possibly rubber seals around or behind the vinyl?

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
Stevo said:
Dish detergent :)

thats a joke right? That stuff is to strong for a car's paint, unless you need to purposely remove some wax. If your not kidding than buy some car wash soap asap.

OP
OP
R

ripper

Reaction score
NNNNNNNNNNNNOPE i wasnt kiddin. Ok ill get some right away. I didnt think it was that harsh since you got yer hands in it all the time. And it removes grease. But if you say its no good then ill go to autozone tommorro and get some.

Thanx

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
np. Dish soap is good for getting off a coat of wax, but its to strong for a everyday wash.
Don't underestimate the power of dish soap! It is very strong stuff and will damage your paint job to some degree.

Check out this video:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7598756069207401372&q=how+to+wash+a+car&hl=en
The video is 28 minutes but if your not sure how to clean a car the right way this video will help.

and hears a thread about using dish soap on cars:
http://autopia.org/forum/detailing-product-discussion/53715-dawn-dish-soap-bad-your-car.html

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
yeah i learned that dish soap thing back when i was working at the parts store i think i took every training class ever offered but i was a nut about cars being clean so i liked that one

uncltrvlnmatt

Post Whore
Reaction score
I would never buy a yellow car. Unless it was a Terminator, you don't always have much choice with hard to find cars.

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
I like the zinc yellow on the new edges better than the screaming yellow or whatever it is on our body style.

uncltrvlnmatt

Post Whore
Reaction score
My problem is, is my 1968GT is supposed to be Meadowlark Yellow. Right now it is red, but I would like to put it back to original.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online