Opinions on going turbo

d.garza18

Reaction score
I’ve been looking to throw boost at my car and have had a shop give me a good price to install any boost application. I’ve look at super chargers and turbo kits and I’m leaning more on a turbo kit. On3performace single kit to be exact. Does anybody have any positives and negatives on either or? Curious to hear others opinions on it. Also obviously things break but would the turbo kit be reliable? I do enjoy driving the car a lot (haven’t recently) but I’d love to almost daily it as a turbo car.

PinkieT

Reaction score
Most turbo kits I have seen require going with a tubular K-frame and coilovers, my guess to allow space for the hot side tubing. Something to factor in.

OP
OP
d.garza18

d.garza18

Reaction score
Most turbo kits I have seen require going with a tubular K-frame and coilovers, my guess to allow space for the hot side tubing. Something to factor in.
Yeah I believe so. I plan on going with a tubular k member

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Garza remind me what year and model your mustang is again???

As far as reliability goes, turbo goes bad you can still drive but if a blower goes bad or belt breaks your kinda s.o.l.

On3 had their issues in the past but have seemed to work a lot of the bigs out over the last few years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I have heard of issues with their hot side and V-band clamps and I think most of the people I know running it upgraded the turbos.

OP
OP
d.garza18

d.garza18

Reaction score
Garza remind me what year and model your mustang is again???

As far as reliability goes, turbo goes bad you can still drive but if a blower goes bad or belt breaks your kinda s.o.l.

On3 had their issues in the past but have seemed to work a lot of the bigs out over the last few years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cars a 1996 Gt all stock atm. I plan on pulling the motor within the next month and running boss rods forged pistons, stock crank and block etc. I don’t plan on having a 800hp car so with all that and the turbo I would love to run 4-550hp all said and done.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Srchop16

Members online