Paint and color choices for a new top

krazyrabbit

Reaction score
I've decided to repaint my '96 GT convertible Ford Flame Blue, saw a F150 in this color a few months ago and I fell in love. Now I need to make a color choice for the new top, been thinking about white or maybe dark blue. I think white would look sharp with the blue but am a bit hesitant about taking the risk, knowing how much trouble it will be to keep clean. Does anyone have experience with a white top?

Here's the Flame Blue color:

Flame+blue+truck.jpg

Here's a blue with a white top:

D7HAhgM1t4EkHbxPrwRd6sTplZ7XQl7ClSoYxQwfMUc=w1001-h640-no

Here's the Haartz blue top fabric color:

Haartz+blue.jpg

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
have you seen the material in person, and next too that color in natural light? I ask because with out that to look at you might come close, and might not be happy either. Idunno I think I would just co black top, tint the windows and get your gangsta lean on.

TanTop94

Reaction score
I would go with a black top, I know its not exactly too "out there" like a white top but you dont have to deal with how dirty a white top would get. Also I think it would help the top accent the color of the car instead of the color of the car accenting the top. If ya know what I mean?

TanTop94

Reaction score
What about a dark gray top? Something more neutral but not too dark.

Grey would look good, I wonder what color her interior is though...grey top and peanut butter interior would look a little mixed up. But I guess you can hide that for the most part.

OP
OP
krazyrabbit

krazyrabbit

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions - really trying to stay away from black. I live in the south and it's hot, plus everyone with a 'vert seems to have a black top. I hasn't considered grey but that's an interesting possibility!

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Grey would look good, I wonder what color her interior is though...grey top and peanut butter interior would look a little mixed up. But I guess you can hide that for the most part.
Good point! If you have a gray or black interior I think it would look good in a gray. Something not too bright, but will still brighten the exterior.

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Wait is is gray or grey?

Just looked it up, apparent its both :p gray is typically US, grey is UK.
Being Canadian I guess I should use grey? :p looks funny.

TanTop94

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions - really trying to stay away from black. I live in the south and it's hot, plus everyone with a 'vert seems to have a black top. I hasn't considered grey but that's an interesting possibility!

Do grey and then you have to come to the AM show! Or else :troll3:

OP
OP
krazyrabbit

krazyrabbit

Reaction score

Right now I have the black/peanut butter interior, but got a new black carpet for x-mas and have been buying black parts to replace.

TanTop94

Reaction score
Right now I have the black/peanut butter interior, but got a new black carpet for x-mas and have been buying black parts to replace.

I would go with gray then. You really dont see many verts with gray, it would go well with the blue and it wouldnt bring as much heat as a black one would. Sounds like we have a winner.

TanTop94

Reaction score
When is it? Convince my summer employer for time off and pay for traveling costs, I'll be there! :p

I believe its sometime in July or August..I think August..just tell him you are meeting forum members he will understand!

TanTop94

Reaction score
Wait is is gray or grey?

Just looked it up, apparent its both :p gray is typically US, grey is UK.
Being Canadian I guess I should use grey? :p looks funny.

Lol and I have been using both..I dont think that makes me smart, I actually feel alittle stupid. Well I wont derail this thread for much longer lol.

OP
OP
krazyrabbit

krazyrabbit

Reaction score
Well, this looks like a good sign. Trying to find a local shop to install the top (after tax refund of course) and this is the Google Maps street view of one in Richmond. Seems like they have experience!

jktJyyXMTexQmDRnDSbEzHKpKJO4u4h3ZavAyHoC4vg=w1010-h477

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I would get a 03/04 Cobra cloth top in black. That would be sweet. I'm not a huge fan of white tops.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online