Painting the Center console/bezel

Javi

Post Whore
Reaction score
AaRoN said:
slo94gt said:
AaRoN said:
OnyxCobra said:
I like that a lot. I like the slot under the CD player, just what these cars need, I have no place to put anything in my car...

LOL. That's so true. I wish they would have put the cupholders back alittle. I can't shift if I have a fountain pop...lol

true that.it gets annoying :mad:

It wouldn't be a big deal if it were an auto.

Cant shift with my hot cocoa mug on the cup holders

Goldmember

Reaction score
LOL and a big +1 on the awful cupholder placement in our cars.

That painted trim looks great, very subtle, I like tweaks like that where it looks OEM but only ppl who know the cars know it's custom. Almost makes me want to do mine, along with the trim pieces in the doors where the window switches are

Javi

Post Whore
Reaction score
Goldmember said:

That painted trim looks great, very subtle, I like tweaks like that where it looks OEM but only ppl who know the cars know it's custom. Almost makes me want to do mine, along with the trim pieces in the doors where the window switches are

same here

MIKE!!!! tell me how,please?

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
Hmm, i have no problem shifting with a drink in my cupholder, maybe cause im so damn short and i have to sit so close my drink hardly gets in the way at all :santa_smiley: But like i said what annoys me most is i have no place to put my cell phone or anything for that matter.

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Reaction score
OnyxCobra said:
Hmm, i have no problem shifting with a drink in my cupholder, maybe cause im so damn short and i have to sit so close my drink hardly gets in the way at all :santa_smiley: But like i said what annoys me most is i have no place to put my cell phone or anything for that matter.

I hear ya about no where to put cellphones and stuff. I actually put mine on the right side of the shifter up towards the dash (right next to the shiftboot but up towards the front of the car)..know what I mean. It stays nicely and doesn't get in the way. I hate my glove box too...can't even fit the owners manual in there right.

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Reaction score
Goldmember said:

You should check out my winter projects thread in "build ups and projects" section.
I have a few of my interior pieces painted. It helps "coordinate" (that sounds gay but how else can I put it?) the interior better.

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
AaRoN said:
OnyxCobra said:

I hear ya about no where to put cellphones and stuff. I actually put mine on the right side of the shifter up towards the dash (right next to the shiftboot but up towards the front of the car)..know what I mean. It stays nicely and doesn't get in the way. I hate my glove box too...can't even fit the owners manual in there right.
Hah, usually i put my cell phone down next to the ebrake handle, i cant stand it in my pocket while im driving, feels like its getting under my leg and i hate it. Speaking of glove boxes, the dealership i used to work at was going to throw away this SVT owners manual case so i grabbed it and the dam thing doesnt even fit in there, im like what the fuck lol.

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Reaction score
OnyxCobra said:
AaRoN said:
OnyxCobra said:

Hah, usually i put my cell phone down next to the ebrake handle, i cant stand it in my pocket while im driving, feels like its getting under my leg and i hate it. Speaking of glove boxes, the dealership i used to work at was going to throw away this SVT owners manual case so i grabbed it and the dam thing doesnt even fit in there, im like what the f**k lol.

I hate anything in my pockets when I'm driving. Yeah my Ford owner's manual case is a PITA to fit in the glovebox. I try not to open it unless I REALLY have to. That's the only thing in there so I don't usually have a reason to get in there.

94Pro-5.0

Reaction score
AaRoN said:
OnyxCobra said:
AaRoN said:
OnyxCobra said:

Hah, usually i put my cell phone down next to the ebrake handle, i cant stand it in my pocket while im driving, feels like its getting under my leg and i hate it. Speaking of glove boxes, the dealership i used to work at was going to throw away this SVT owners manual case so i grabbed it and the dam thing doesnt even fit in there, im like what the f**k lol.

I hate anything in my pockets when I'm driving. Yeah my Ford owner's manual case is a PITA to fit in the glovebox. I try not to open it unless I REALLY have to. That's the only thing in there so I don't usually have a reason to get in there.

i also keep my cell by the shifter boot, and i can't stand having a drink in the cup holder, its completely in my way

i also keep my door pockets pretty empty, and never use my glovebox except for manual and insurance. the only think i keep in my door pockets is a lighter and sunglasses, and my cigs in the flip center console ash tray, they fir perfect

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Reaction score
94Pro-5.0 said:
AaRoN said:
OnyxCobra said:
AaRoN said:
OnyxCobra said:

i also keep my cell by the shifter boot, and i can't stand having a drink in the cup holder, its completely in my way

i also keep my door pockets pretty empty, and never use my glovebox except for manual and insurance. the only think i keep in my door pockets is a lighter and sunglasses, and my cigs in the flip center console ash tray, they fir perfect

I don't like anything in the cupholders except maybe some change and I keep my cigs and lighter in the door pockets along with my sunglasses.

916_5.0

Reaction score
Damn that looks sweet im doing a all black interior swap right now i might have to do something like that on the bezel.

Javi

Post Whore
Reaction score
Mike you need to get a How-to on this sh!t homeboy.hehe :santa_afro:

OP
OP
B

Black97GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
Lol..It isn't hard to do..

Kind of a pain in the ass because you gotta get everything nice and smooth so the paint doesn't have a reaction. sand it all down..primer it and paint it color of your choice. I can go more in depth if you have questions but I'm not home now.

1FastGT

Reaction score
what kinda paint did you use? and did you primer it?

also what grit sandpaper?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online