Painting the Center console/bezel

Black97GT

Post Whore
Joined
Jun 4, 2006
Messages
13,356
Reaction score
0
I have been looking through the older interior threads and decided I like the look of the painted door panels and center console/shifter bezel. I just got the door panels sanded down and painted before I went to work. They looked like the easy part... Anyone have any pics/pointers/tips on removing the center bezel (is that what it's called?). My brother has been helping me out he paints a lot of model cars. Some of you may have seen his models over at SVTPerformance. So hes good at the paint..but I remember attempting to remove the center piece before and being unsuccessful so I am hoping when I get home from work I get a how-to or something :). Thanks in advance :banana:
 

Black97GT

Post Whore
Joined
Jun 4, 2006
Messages
13,356
Reaction score
0
Well I figured it out, there was a star key screw in the back that I didnt know about then it popped right out. Ill post up some pics as soon as everything is painted and back in.
 

theponyfactor

Active Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2006
Messages
259
Reaction score
0
I had the same exact problem. I was pulling on that thing any way I could, and then I realized that there was that little screw in the back. :slap:
 

Black97GT

Post Whore
Joined
Jun 4, 2006
Messages
13,356
Reaction score
0
Sorry for the poor quality, i just snapped a quick one.

int1hv7.jpg
 

SvtBlack95

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jul 27, 2006
Messages
2,594
Reaction score
1
wow looks nice... did a really good job congrats :thumb:
 

Black97GT

Post Whore
Joined
Jun 4, 2006
Messages
13,356
Reaction score
0
wow! resurrected! lol

I gotta re-do it...it looks ok but it isn't perfect.
 

Black97GT

Post Whore
Joined
Jun 4, 2006
Messages
13,356
Reaction score
0
I made this thread before you joined :D. not your fault :santa_grin:
 

Javi

Post Whore
Joined
Sep 8, 2007
Messages
27,385
Reaction score
44
Location
Th3 405
it does looks hawt, i want to do mine asap.but im too lazy
 

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Joined
Apr 8, 2006
Messages
14,794
Reaction score
233
Location
Rochester, NY
I like that a lot. I like the slot under the CD player, just what these cars need, I have no place to put anything in my car...
 

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Joined
Sep 12, 2006
Messages
33,966
Reaction score
38
Location
Orlando, Florida, United States
OnyxCobra said:
I like that a lot. I like the slot under the CD player, just what these cars need, I have no place to put anything in my car...

LOL. That's so true. I wish they would have put the cupholders back alittle. I can't shift if I have a fountain pop...lol
 

Javi

Post Whore
Joined
Sep 8, 2007
Messages
27,385
Reaction score
44
Location
Th3 405
AaRoN said:
OnyxCobra said:
I like that a lot. I like the slot under the CD player, just what these cars need, I have no place to put anything in my car...

LOL. That's so true. I wish they would have put the cupholders back alittle. I can't shift if I have a fountain pop...lol


true that.it gets annoying :mad:
 

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Joined
Sep 12, 2006
Messages
33,966
Reaction score
38
Location
Orlando, Florida, United States
slo94gt said:
AaRoN said:
OnyxCobra said:
I like that a lot. I like the slot under the CD player, just what these cars need, I have no place to put anything in my car...

LOL. That's so true. I wish they would have put the cupholders back alittle. I can't shift if I have a fountain pop...lol


true that.it gets annoying :mad:

It wouldn't be a big deal if it were an auto.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
75,004
Messages
1,454,373
Members
13,631
Latest member
ninman8

Members online

Top