pass. door lock no worky

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Got the car in Sept 2012, and the switch usually worked. Fast forward to mid 2013 and it started acting weird like it doesn't move when you hit the switch. Now move to 2014, stopped working completely lol. theres no noise as if its trying to lock or unlock. It works when you hit the lock/unlock normally from the drivers side. Replace the passenger side switch? Oh and btw I don't use a key to get in. And my key fob unlocks/locks both doors

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
yes it sounds like your pass switch has gone bad. I have one from my parts car I can sell ya if you want pm me.

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
yes it sounds like your pass switch has gone bad. I have one from my parts car I can sell ya if you want pm me.

thanks. i'd buy it off ya now but don't have any extra $$ atm. thanks for the offer though

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
Probably going to have to replace my driver and pass side... Seems like mine are doing exactly what yours did up until now where they don't work at all. Does anyone reproduce them or do I have to find used ones?
There anything in the switches that can be replaced that specifically goes bad? Instead of replacing the whole switch, which seems like a pain based on how it's attached to the harness.

Sent via swagPhone 5.0 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Probably going to have to replace my driver and pass side... Seems like mine are doing exactly what yours did up until now where they don't work at all. Does anyone reproduce them or do I have to find used ones?
There anything in the switches that can be replaced that specifically goes bad? Instead of replacing the whole switch, which seems like a pain based on how it's attached to the harness.

You should grah that switch off [MENTION=11896]ttocs[/MENTION] . Latemodel sells them brand new 29.99 each.

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
You should grah that switch off [MENTION=11896]ttocs[/MENTION] . Latemodel sells them brand new 29.99 each.

*Cough I can grab it for free off josh cough*
:)
Just wondering if there's something in the switch I can replace instead of the whole switch... Not sure how you even take the switch off? Got to remove all the pins 1 by 1?

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Just wondering if there's something in the switch I can replace instead of the whole switch... Not sure how you even take the switch off? Got to remove all the pins 1 by 1?

Ahh lmao. I'm not sure honestly. Might aswell just replace the switch imo. I would replace it since the door panels coming off.

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score

The switch is easy to remove. After you take the door panel off, unplug the door lock harness from the switch. Turn it around and remove the 2 phillips screws and they seperate. Take new one, put on the other piece, screws in. Done. test switch before putting everything back together

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
even easier to take off then that. You can pry the actual switch off of the hrns that plugs into the wire hrns so no need to disconnect the wiring. If you are too the point that neither of them work, try pulling both switches out of the doors, prying them off of the hrns like I said and swapping them. Its a master/slave switch system which means if he master switch switch stops working, the slave might continue. BUT if the slave switch dies, it then will not allow the master too work. I know its a bit confusing but just trust me swap the switches and see if one works and then one doesn't.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chasingomas

Members online

No members online now.