Passenger Side Electric Window

97JF

Reaction score
My passenger side electric window is not working on my 99 Coupe V6, it doesn't work on either of the switches, the one on the door and also the one of the driver's door won't get it to work, so I guess that would rule out it being the switch ? So is the motor the only other thing it could be ? Anything else I could check before ordering the motor ? Thanks

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
no actually my first thought was it was a switch or the wiring between. The 5-wire system uses a master/slave switch system so if the slave switch has gone bad, the master would not work either.

JPhilBradley

Reaction score
I just realized I sounded like arsewhole there. It was a legit question. I can send you one. Unplug the passenger side switch, jump the proper pins with 4-6" pieces of wire, and try to move the window with he DRIVER side switch. If it moves, you've pretty much condemned the passenger side switch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I didn't think you sounded bad. And its good advice on how to test it. The 5 wire system is nice for ford because there are no relays but they suck to troubleshoot.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
It could also be that the motor is just locked up and needs to be punched. Very common because of the grease used in the motor.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online