Paul's Fox Body Restoration Build (Updated 11.29.14 - We Have Fuel Pressure)

OP
OP
P

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
I can't wait to see this put together.

Me either! It's been tough for a while because I don't get to actually see any progress - especially with all this sound deadener. It's just hours and hours and hours of installing it.

It felt good to see the trunk "finished." (or at least close to it) I'm on the home stretch with the sound deadener since all that's really left is a bunch of luxury liner and some damplifier on the doors. I'm chomping at the bit to start painting my interior panels black and putting them in.

Paul.

lilj4u2njoy

Reaction score
Great build... I was going back through and looking for something but could not find it however, I know invested in nice fasteners for the front of the motor like bolts n all... Could u post that link again to were you ordered the sets of nice bolts?

OP
OP
P

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
All my bolts are ARP - I ordered them from www.totallystainless.com

i just read all 26 pages of this and dear lord the attention to detail is crazy on this thing

Thanks. This weekend I spent some time going through the old posts and updating the links on my pictures so they show now. I'm not done with all of them yet, but I'm making my way through it. There are a lot of pics in this thread.

Paul.

foofinator

Reaction score
Man, this build blows me away.

Keeps me working on my projects. When you found the wheel wells all fucked and kept going, that was pretty awesome.

I would have shit my pants.

Widow Maker

Reaction score
Wow Paul just wow this is an awesome thread to see. I can't wait to see this finished. If I only had the skills you do my friend...

OP
OP
P

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
I got something small accomplished today.

A long time ago I bought some used '03 Cobra rear brakes and North Racecars brackets to adapt them to a Foxbody rear axle on The Corral. They've pretty much been sitting for a few years. I had hoped to just use the drum brakes until the car was running, then mess with switching brakes later. Unfortunately, the drum brakes were as messed up like the rest of the car. A while back my friend Richard attempted to rebuild them the best he could using some spare parts from an axle I had in the garage. He replaced some broken springs, rebuilt the wheel cylinders, and did some other drum brake voodoo. Unfortunately, the rebuild didn't hold and one of the wheel cylinders was leaking. Rather than spending any money on something I had every intention of replacing anyway, I just decided to start making a little progress on the Cobra brakes since I pretty much have everything already anyway.

The parts were really nasty, so Richard put them in his fancy heated washing machine thingy that he has. After that, I plugged all the holes up and put them in the blast cabinet.
RearBrakesBlasted.jpg

Then a little prep and masking in preparation for paint.
RearBrakesPrepped.jpg

Then I painted them black with Duplicolor caliper paint. I wish they had something that wasn't shiny, but they only offer black, silver, blue, yellow, and red. Meh. It was seven bucks for the can, and I did all this stuff with paint to spare.
RearBrakesPainted.jpg

After about 45 minutes at Ace Hardware finding the correct hardware which seems to have gone missing in the last couple years, I got all new bolts and assembled them.
RearBrakesAssembly1-1.jpg

RearBrakesAssembly2.jpg

I have some brand new rotors, used pads, and the anti-moan brackets still in boxes somewhere in the house. I'll try to get these installed the brakes bled for the tenth time sometime soon.

Paul.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Nice Paul. That is the setup I used on my fox as well. North race car brackets. With custom made fox length axles. This build is bad ass can't wait to see it done.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Bout time you worked on that thing again!

What rotors you getting?

OP
OP
P

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
I know, I'm lazy. I actually made some progress on the sound deadener too, just haven't taken pictures. Got it's tedious and I'm really sick of doing it.

I have some OEM rear rotors. I'd like to do some 13" ones in the back, but would need to see the Baer adapter thingys to see if it all fits.

Paul.

OP
OP
P

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
Just got off the phone with MM. I ordered all the braided rear brake line stuff, some adapters, and some Hawk street pads for the rear. I hope all of it fits.

Paul.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I know the feeling.

U thought about putting on some zinc washed rotors?

OP
OP
P

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
Zinc washed would be cool, but I already have the ones I've got. Baer is in town, wonder if they'd throw it in a batch for me. :p

Maybe I'll just spray paint the hats so they don't get all cruddy lookin'.

lilj4u2njoy

Reaction score
when i sit at work sometimes and i have nothing to do but kill time i always come back to this build just to read and learn...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RevJon

Members online