Paul's Fox Body Restoration Build (Updated 11.29.14 - We Have Fuel Pressure)

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
What stuff did you use on the pannels . SEM ? They don't even sell the good stuff here in Canada I had to get all mine from across the border. I tried some local stuff it came out so shiney,I'm glad I tested it on a g body interior piece lol. The home stretch is coming now I interior assembly. Are you hoping to have it out for next season

OP
OP
P

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
What stuff did you use on the pannels . SEM ? They don't even sell the good stuff here in Canada I had to get all mine from across the border. I tried some local stuff it came out so shiney,I'm glad I tested it on a g body interior piece lol. The home stretch is coming now I interior assembly. Are you hoping to have it out for next season

Yep. SEM interior paint. Landau black is the correct color. You can order the correct paint and supplies from NPD. I got them local because we have a big automotive paint supply place. I don't know when it will run. I stopped making predictions a very long time ago.

Paul,

since you've practically taken your entire engine apart...how long do you think it would take to rip the motor out, take it apart, clean the parts, and assemble it back together?

My buddy has done something similar but it took him two weeks at about 2hrs a day average.

I haven't taken "practically" the entire engine apart... I took the entire engine apart. I built the motor myself. To do what I did required hundreds of hours of sanding, powdercoating, measuring, test fitting, and general agony.

Yea I think I added about 65 lbs or so but the car lost weight places coilovers control arms k member blah blah. My coupe weighs in at 2900 with me in it on my bogarts at the strip

I wouldn't believe that unless I saw it. I've only seen two cars that light, and they were completely gutted racecar Pre-86 Capris with nothing in them.

coming along nicely paul. better hope that table full a screws doesn't fall over though :p

My bench is 3 meters long and weighs about 400 pounds, so I think I'll be alright. :p

Paul.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Lol I will gladly take a pic on the scale. This coming season with me inside the car. I must have one of the lightest sn95's around if 2900 lbs is hard to believe with a fox coupe. My sn95 weighed 3050 with me in it partially gutted no rear seat spare tire etc.

greenscobie86

Reaction score
Nice to see this thread making traction again. Really makes me wanna go out and do the exact same thing as you. Buy a new 5.0 and rebuild my Cobra in the same fashion on the side. But I'm a tightwad and keep saving all my money so it wont happen lol....

OP
OP
P

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
I certainly wouldn't be able to do this a few years ago. Now I have a really good job and it's more difficult to find the time/motivation to work on the car than it is to find money to buy parts.

Paul.

OP
OP
P

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
It's one of the benefits of being 32 instead of 22.

Paul.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
True. Well, if you need someone to take a wheel barrow of cash from you. I'll make the drive, don't even worry ;p

OP
OP
P

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
Had a few wins today, and some frustration.

I got my newly-powdercoated battery box installed, hopefully for the last time. I also flipped the kill switch upside down and hooked it back up so it's "Push Off" now which Croke and Todd said is required by NHRA. It looks really nice now. Big thanks to Adam for the ton of crap that I had coated.

I was cleaning up and looming the wiring behind the dash and in the engine bay for all the gauges.

I hooked up:
- Oil pressure sender
- Water temp sender
- Boost/Vacuum sender, and mounted it to the firewall
- OEM Engine Coolant Temp
- OEM Air Charge Temp
- Had fuel pressure sender hooked up to the FPR, but...

...I have my Aeromotive pressure regulator mounted directly to the back of the passenger rail. It worked great on the Unicorn. However, with the stock heater hardlines in place on the lower intake, and the rubber hoses that hook them up to the heater core, there's just too much crap in the way and I can't make it all fit. I drove all the way to Loper's to get a -6AN straight, but that didn't help. I'm going to have to reconfigure some stuff and mount the FPR remotely someplace else. Perhaps the back of the passenger strut tower. Of course ,this means another trip to Loper's for a -10AN ORB to -8AN male flare. :|

I also got the visors installed. I got the mounts powdercoated satin black so they look great. And I finished installing the headliner trim. It looks great.

I'm going to keep plugging away on the motor tomorrow to get the fuel system hooked back up. I'll also try to get some more engine wiring connected. If all goes well, maybe I'll grease the window guides and install the door panels.

Oh, and my passenger rear brake line is leaking fluid. :|

Paul.

got5.0

Reaction score
Paul's gay. Handz for life.

I know you're just trying to be funny but please keep your bullsh*t to a minimum.

-white95

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
The brake should be pretty easy. I was showing people pictures of your car today. Everyone is just drooling at how clean your undercarriage is. Everything on this car is so pristine, I love it.

OP
OP
P

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
I didn't work on the car too much yesterday and today, but I did some stuff...

Here's pics of the completed headliner and sun visors. The trim is now complete around the roof. All of it was painted so it all looks nice and new.
HeadlinerInstalled2.jpg

I had the visor holders coated satin black so they blend in.
SunVisorInstalled.jpg

Battery Box completed pics. Looks much better black.
BatteryBoxComplete2.jpg

BatteryBoxComplete1.jpg

Got the fuel system buttoned up. This was kind of a chore because stuff wasn't fitting where I wanted it to. I still may have to move it depending on how the air inlet fits, but at least it's to the point where it can be pressure tested for leaks. The wires for the fuel pressure gauge will need to be lengthened to reach it.
FuelSystemComplete1.jpg

Here's some pics from last weekend when Croke was wiring up the Croke Dash. Because of the complexity of all the LED lighting and the Nexus Gauges that all need to be networked together, it took about ten hours.
CrokeWiring1.jpg

CrokeWiring2.jpg

CrokeWiring3.jpg

CrokeWiring4.jpg

Now I'm trying to put all the wires in loom, generally clean it up and organize it, and install the cluster.
CrokeWiring5.jpg

GaugeWiring1.jpg

GaugeWiring2.jpg

My rear seat delete and rear package tray should be here from LRS this week. I'm looking forward to getting that because once that's installed, I can put in the console, the harness bar, and the seats, which will make a huge difference in how the interior looks.

More to come...

Paul.

OP
OP
P

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
The best news yet, is that now that my buddy Nic has my Honda in his garage, I have room again to put the red car back in where it belongs. :)

NotchandRedCar.jpg

BlkoutGT

Reaction score
So, when do we get to see those f****** light up? lol

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Dang Paul good stuff! The original pics of your gauges aren't working =/ I was trying to show someone the other day. It's going to be so awesome!

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
10 hours??? daaaamn!

great progress. love the attention to detail (visors mounts.)

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Hell yea interiors going to look so good when done

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online