pbr caliper upgrade on 94 gt

Addermk2

Reaction score
www.rockauto.com said:
A-1 CARDONE Part # 18B4767{#F4ZZ2B293A, XR3Z2B121BB} Reman. A-1 CARDONE Friction Choice Caliper w/Bracket & Installation Hardware
Heart.png

Front Left; with Metal Piston

A-1 CARDONE Part # 18B4766 {#F4ZZ2B292A, XR3Z2B120BA} Reman. A-1 CARDONE Friction Choice Caliper w/Bracket & Installation Hardware
Heart.png

Front Right; with Metal Piston

POWER STOP Part # K1304 {#BK861688} Performance Brake Upgrade Kit; Incl. 12.99 in. Silver Zinc Plated Cross-Drilled And Slotted Rotors w/Z16 Ceramic Scorched Pads; Incl. Hardware
Front
http://www.latemodelrestoration.com...-J-M-Front-Stainless-Steel-Teflon-Brake-Hoses

----------------OR-----------------

http://www.latemodelrestoration.com...ng-Black-SVE-13-Cobra-Stock-Style-Front-Brake

fiveohwblow

Reaction score
I think we were both posting at the same time Addermk2 thanks! Seems like we found the same one.

Win

Legend
Reaction score

fiveohwblow

Reaction score
First off off as I said previously!!!!!!!!!! 99% are not aluminum caliper but iron replica.

I read it. The web page listed them as an aluminum unit so either they are lying or they aren't. When that time comes I guess I'll find out.

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
you didnt have to grind anything on the rear even? i already ordered the cobra brackets and rotors for the front. sold an old tool box and figured i needed new gt rotors anyways so might as well spend money once.

also i dont plan on using crappy rubber hoses. ill use the quality rubber hoses. a hose should never swell at all. only when they brake down and go bad do they do that

Nope, no grinding in the back. The kit I bought came with new mounting hardware for the rear. It uses the same caliper as the GT (though I bought new calipers too), but uses a different mounting bracket to allow for a larger size rotor. The kit also came with new dust shields (for the larger rotor), new moan braces and if I recall correctly new brake line mounting brackets.

There's pictures of my install over here at this post.

Mustanger

Reaction score
JFYI info...Mach 1 Calipers did not have the Running Pony on them ...the Bullitt series did...but they are all the same calipers...Mach 1 Bullitt & Cobra. Minor detail...wish our Mach 1 had the powder coated Bullitt calipers & Pony emblems, someday I'll add them.

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Oh, didn't know that. I just know that the caliper was used on the Bullitt and later Mach's, and was essentially the 94 Cobra calipers. And the pony isn't a decal or anything, it's actually machined into the caliper.

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Oh, and the rear brake kit that I used was this: M-2300-M Cobra/Bullitt Mustang Rear Calipers Bracket Kit 94-04.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online