pi -vs- npi identifying

wolvee123

Reaction score
I think the last owner of my stang may have done a intake swap but I dont know how to tell the difference between PI and NPI... The GT seems like it has a lot more power than the 215 stock hp from the factory....

Hey everyone this is my first post so dont blast me if I posted in the wrong area!

How do I tell which intake is on my stang and is there any way to tell the diff on the heads? thanks
wolvee

p.s. second time posting I hope this is the right place to post this ?...

98GTSTANG

Reaction score
Look along the right top side of your intake, and if it has this number: M738E, it is a NPI intake more than likely. Also, look into your valley below the intake, the PI intake will basically touch your block. The NPI wont even come close. I had all the same questions when I bought mine. Good luck.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Doesn't the PI have an aluminum coolant crossover, and the Non is plastic?

98GTSTANG

Reaction score
Dalamar said:

I may be wrong, but I think when Ford started replacing the faulty intakes on NPI cars they also came with an aluminum crossover. Plus, I think I have seen them on ebay before.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Dalamar said:

They didn't start using the aluminum crossover until 2001 so there are PI's that are all plastic.

A good way to tell is to look at the intake from the top/front. If the very first runner after the Coolant crossover goes to the passenger side (left) its an NPI Intake. If it goes to the drivers side (right) It a PI Intake.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online